The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cancelled Sunday 23rd October meet, 10am Exeter Services

DodgyRog

CANCELLED

Sunday 23rd October meet, 10am Exeter Services EX2 7HF

Okay, I have been thinking about this over the weekend and thought of a short route with a possible Food Pub with a decent Car Park

Menu and pub details here

http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/conten...-the-quay.html

There is another pub in the area which I need to check out

Drive would be from Exeter Services along the Exe river to Teignmouth and across Shaldon bridge into Torquay/ Paignton/Brixham if time and weather are favourable and then to the Pub for some food

Looking date wise to do this on Sunday 23rd October, meeting time 10am Exeter Services EX2 7HF

The other option is Go-Karting, but it will be a more expensive option, Sunday afternoon is Arrive and Drive according to the Website

Details and prices here

http://www.raceworld-karting.co.uk/

Go-Karting is now a bad weather option only if absolutely necessary on the day

If it's wet and crappy, then Go-Karting is indoors, if it's nice then take the Cars for a run and get some food

The planned route is only about 30 miles, so fuel costs should be minimal

Plan of route, please print off the link below if you are unsure of the area

Please print this link off http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=exeter+moto+services&daddr=50.708352,-3.478216+to:50.676276,-3.485834+to:50.655352,-3.4827812+to:50.61502,-3.46213+to:50.56164,-3.47755+to:50.523271,-3.5105539+to:50.4388176,-3.5584917+to:TQ4+6LP&hl=en&geocode=FfrfBQMdNCTL_yHpAXa7rXdsYg%3BFYC_BQMdOO3K_ylZktMlX6FtSDGxmV7B-E8Pog%3BFTRCBQMdds_K_ymV4pniLaFtSDExb1GyLa4OEw%3BFXjwBAMdY9vK_ym1JxJrzqBtSDGxyFGyLa4OEw%3BFexSBAMdDizL_ymdCmjUEgptSDEhr1GyLa4OEw%3BFWiCAwMd0u_K_ykjXr6y4QttSDGQJCFPQfQQEw%3BFYfsAgMd527K_ylN44uuwg5tSDGALhZQQfQQEw%3BFaGiAQMdpbPJ_ymrRkHYChBtSDGg_tpPQfQQEw%3BFUttAQMdKazJ_ymlRatlghptSDHE86UMHBhkcQ&aq=&sll=50.438843,-3.558712&sspn=0.002662,0.006968&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=7&sz=18&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7&ie=UTF8&ll=50.579749,-3.475113&spn=0.33966,0.891953&t=m&z=11&layer=c&ei=Y2KgTsLPDsTg8gO4-_DsCw&pw=2

1. DodgyRog and DodgyJen(hopefully)

2. Wile e Coyote (and Mandy?)

3. Mals & Karen

CANCELLED

Edited by DodgyRog
Cancelled (see edit history)

We'd defo be up for something - just got back from a Pistonheads run from Whiddon Down to Bude and back which was cool, esp. chasing a 5.7l supercharged Corvette down the Atlantic Highway! (V. surprised I could keep up - it's supposed to be around 650-700 bhp!)

A Saturday would be much better for us but would still try to make a Sunday meet if possible - especially if you had a start time after 2.30pm.

Never tried Karting before so that'll be interesting too...

ETA: SUPERCHARGED C5 CORVETTE 738BHP,540i lpg daily driver

Edited by Heyrick (see edit history)

We'd defo be up for something - just got back from a Pistonheads run from Whiddon Down to Bude and back which was cool, esp. chasing a 5.7l supercharged Corvette down the Atlantic Highway! (V. surprised I could keep up - it's supposed to be around 650-700 bhp!)

A Saturday would be much better for us but would still try to make a Sunday meet if possible - especially if you had a start time after 2.30pm.

Never tried Karting before so that'll be interesting too...

ETA: SUPERCHARGED C5 CORVETTE 738BHP,540i lpg daily driver

Okay bud, keep an eye out and I will see if we can get a bit of interest in just a get together or something a bit more

Okay, I have been thinking about this over the weekend and thought of a short route with a possible Food Pub with a decent Car Park

Menu and pub details here

http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/content/brewersfayre/our-pubs/plymouth/inn-on-the-quay.html

There is another pub in the area which I need to check out

Drive would be from Exeter Services along the Exe river to Teinmouth and across Shaldon bridge into Torquay/ Paignton/Brixham if time and weather are favourable and then to the Pub for some food

Looking date wise to do this on Sunday 23rd October, meeting time to be arranged

The other option is Go-Karting, but it will be a more expensive option, Sunday afternoon is Arrive and Drive according to the Website

Details and prices here

http://www.raceworld-karting.co.uk/

Can anyone that is thinking of coming give me an idea of which you would prefer if you have a preference.

I guess with the time of year the weather could be a major factor, so if necessary we could do either as a last minute decision, as in I organise both and we see on the day what the weather pushes us into.

If it's wet and crappy, then Go-Karting is indoors, if it's nice then take the Cars for a run and get some food

Edited by DodgyRog
Changed the Pub (see edit history)

I might have a slight problem with doing this now, I have had an accident at work and as a result I have Acute damage to my ankle ligaments, not sure yet how long I am going to be off my feet, as it only happen yesterday and the Doc said anything from a few days to months:(

I should have a better idea when the swelling goes down, hopefully a couple of days

• 2 weeks later...

Well my ankle seems to be healing okay without a brace/cast

Think the drive with a bit of food is the best bet for this and just a general get together, so get your names down please

The plan is for the drive unless the weather is really crap, then we will have to change to Go-Karting if absolutely necessary, problem might be Jen's work, so the idea of anyone that doesn't want to hang around at the Go-Karting while we go round in circles go back to ours might not be possible, but we will have to wait and see on that bit

1. DodgyRog and DodgyJen(hopefully)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Not set in stone, but Exeter Services about 10am I was thinking

Then have the usual chat and then head of for the drive and get to the Pub for a late diner snack about 1:30-2 so it's quiet parking wise, that's just a rough idea.

We won't be rushing around and if the weather is reasonable we will try and find a few spots on route to stop for a chat and a photo or two

If Blackie comes, we have to stop every couple of miles for him to have a pee anyway

Just put up a route map and a link to a full listing of the planned route, it may get a bit longer into Brixham if time and weather allows

Please print off a copy from the link for yourself in case anyone drops behind, these roads can be quite busy, especially through Torquay and Paignton, so it would be helpful if everyone has an idea were to keep heading. I will update everyone before we leave the services with a few stop points on route, if you get seperated head for the next stop point