The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A very very cheap shed of a car

CJ

I'm looking for a new car. When I say new I mean an old and decrepit, shed like, rust infested one, preferably with all four weels and a long MOT. I just want something to last me about 3 months until I finish my treatment and go back to Kos. Anything out there very cheap? :D

By the way, I am currently staying in South Wales and so distance could be an issue.

I have already posted up in the for sale / wanted section but thought I would do the same here for those of may not be selling but who may know of something.

I'm looking for a new car. When I say new I mean an old and decrepit, shed like, rust infested one, preferably with all four weels and a long MOT. I just want something to last me about 3 months until I finish my treatment and go back to Kos. Anything out there very cheap? :D

By the way, I am currently staying in South Wales and so distance could be an issue.

ive got a 97 celica 1.8st start ran and drove before i took it off the road ( been written off ) just a small knock in the rear quarter still drives just fine though mot is only until november though and it has no tax (passed last mot with no issues) im wating on the log book at the moment as i was just going to scrap it to save hassle, im in bristol so not to far from cardiff etc and you can have it at scrap value, cant get much cheaper than that :)

ive got a 97 celica 1.8st start ran and drove before i took it off the road ( been written off ) just a small knock in the rear quarter still drives just fine though mot is only until november though and it has no tax (passed last mot with no issues) im wating on the log book at the moment as i was just going to scrap it to save hassle, im in bristol so not to far from cardiff etc and you can have it at scrap value, cant get much cheaper than that :)

A PM is winging its way to you as i type...well, thats not quite true as I cannot type the PM and this message at the same time - but you get my drift :)

Now sorted :)

I also posted a message like this one on FB and an ex member off the forum (I am surprised he let his membership lapse TBH) contacted me to offer a lend of a superb little car for the duration of my treatment here.

Not only that, the only payment he wanted for this magnificent gesture was £50 to add me to his fully comp insurance for the next 9 months. What a wonderfully kind gesture eh? It is acts like this that restore my faith in human kindness and generosity.

Tooquicktostop - I thank you very much Sir. :thumbs:

an ex member off the forum (I am surprised he let his membership lapse TBH)

I never met him either, but he was always willing to help!!

topman

Anyone know if we can make suggestion for quite frankly, honourary members?

And I thought once you paid 3 yearly memberships you became a full member?

....Without sounding soppy, there are some members on here which'd make it a bit less of a nicer place without, this being a prime example.

I agree. I am meeting with dean tomorrow and will ask why he decided to leave. It may be he got fed up with the place and decided to move on. Either way, I think people like him are a loss.

I picked up the car from Dean this afternoon and what an absolute gent he is. Met his wife too and she was an inspiration to me as she has had cancer and is now disease free. I will admit to having a tear in my eye as I drove away in the lendsy car as I was overwhelmed by their kindness, hospitality and genuine interest in my condition.

And, speaking of cars, do you know what this lendsy turned out to be? His MK1 Golf GTI cabriolet that he had restored to pristine condition! Top bloke eh?

I picked up the car from Dean this afternoon and what an absolute gent he is. Met his wife too and she was an inspiration to me as she has had cancer and is now disease free. I will admit to having a tear in my eye as I drove away in the lendsy car as I was overwhelmed by their kindness, hospitality and genuine interest in my condition.

And, speaking of cars, do you know what this lendsy turned out to be? His MK1 Golf GTI cabriolet that he had restored to pristine condition! Top bloke eh?

Absolutely!!! Any idea why he is no longer on the forum?

Hi all, I have not left, I was telling Colin today I have been away on holiday and busy with work and my membership expired, I am back now............ and Colin great to meet you today, really wishing you well in the coming weeks, I hope the little Golf is useful for you

A pleasure to meet you and Kelli too my friend. And useful is not the word. The little car is ace and my street cred is going to go through the roof when my son's mates see it.