Final meet of the year/SXOC drift day

drift_bear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno man, I cant see the point in meeting there other than its slightly closer for the Aberdeen lot.

Because it's an event, something to watch and maybe get some runs out in other people's cars, I know a good few of the sxoc lot so hopefully get passenger runs. And it's an equal distance for us all. Remember, me, Kieran, ailsa, Scotty, blackie, karolina, alex and probably others will be traveling from Aberdeen.. Probably the majority of people tbh so I reckon us all trailing down to glasgow isn't the best plan.. ;)

If you had the option of an Aberdeen meet in a car park (traveling from Glasgow) or a drift event at crail, what would you pick? :p

I can appreciate how far you guys have to travel to most meets Marc, and I'm not denying that's a good reason in itself, but...

I don't see why a good mkiv meet wasn't allowed to go ahead the week before for those that wished to attend. Why are we tacking our end of summer meet onto someone else's? I'd rather have gone to the car park meet tbh, better for photos, better places to eat etc, could have gone bowling again, got a bit group activity on the go.

I've never been to crail but I imagine this meet will be us parking in some shoddy carpark, standing in the middle of nowhere watching a load of amateurs skid round a cruddy track. I'm sure it would be great fun if I was drifting (or trying anyway) my own car, but I'm not and none of you guys are either are you? and I don't know any of them.

Banter I'm sure but its hardly an 'event'.

John, the reason i changed it was so that we could have a good day out. The drift days that the sxoc hold are actually a really good day out with alot of fun and banter and also good for getting some photo's aswell and also get to look round other cars aswell as just supra's.

Crail is also central for al of us coming/going to this event so it made more sense, i know the xscape meet had good potential and alot of other things to do (like you said bowling and etc) but no matter what event/meet gets organised, 90% the time its the usuall guys that come along to them, so i thought i would have change.

I can appreciate how far you guys have to travel to most meets Marc, and I'm not denying that's a good reason in itself, but...

I don't see why a good mkiv meet wasn't allowed to go ahead the week before for those that wished to attend. Why are we tacking our end of summer meet onto someone else's? I'd rather have gone to the car park meet tbh, better for photos, better places to eat etc, could have gone bowling again, got a bit group activity on the go.

I've never been to crail but I imagine this meet will be us parking in some shoddy carpark, standing in the middle of nowhere watching a load of amateurs skid round a cruddy track. I'm sure it would be great fun if I was drifting (or trying anyway) my own car, but I'm not and none of you guys are either are you? and I don't know any of them.

Banter I'm sure but its hardly an 'event'.

Ok well we have a Team-beard meet this Sunday, it's in Union square car park in Aberdeen (Aberdeens escape pretty much), pretty much a supra meet too with mine, alexs, James, kierans and karolinas supra there.. Only a 6 hour round trip from Glasgow so we will see you there yeah? :p

Ok well we have a Team-beard meet this Sunday, it's in Union square car park in Aberdeen (Aberdeens escape pretty much), pretty much a supra meet too with mine, alexs, James, kierans and karolinas supra there.. Only a 6 hour round trip from Glasgow so we will see you there yeah? :p

thats in your 5 speed, if you had another gear it would be like 3hrs. :p

If I lived in Glasgow then sure! :p How far from where actually I live though, TD11.

In fact no, last time I went to an Aberdeen meet it took me like 2hrs to find my way out of the place :(

EDIT; if you want to get all precise an shiiiiiiiit, Xscape would have been a 4hr roundtrip for me, Crail is over 5hrs. I don't ever have wee supra meets round here so life ain't that bad for the poor Aberdeen lot! :p

Edited by mustang (see edit history)

theres aTB meet this weekend? :blink: lol

Well looking forward to this now :)

what you looking forward tmore dude, the day out or the piss up? lol

ok well we have a team-beard meet this sunday, it's in union square car park in aberdeen (aberdeens escape pretty much), pretty much a supra meet too with mine, alexs, james, kierans and karolinas supra there.. Only a 6 hour round trip from glasgow so we will see you there yeah? :p

:D