1. 1. User or Admirer

• Use the car the way it should?
    • Pamper her like a Pansey???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using it sometimes on weekend now, I spend more time working on it \changing parts than driving... Done about 300 miles in 6 months, just because my diesel was on revision so I had to use it to go to work for 1 week...

She is sleeping safely in her garage and get celaned every weekend ;)

When driving.... I'll just say that i have the most powerful car in my city... tried with everyone LOL and i have nothing to prove now :D

Supra forever ;)

I also love to race and notice mainly porshe drivers you can always rely to race you. I come across lots of scoobys astons even a few ferrari.s lotus etc and they never race why have a car like that and not use it. they the type who will only race your normal car i.e your everyday corsa focus and so on.

Mine gets wash a LOT, sometimes everyday.. Although I only use it at the weekends, it gets machined polished and detailed about twice a year, sometimes more.

I like to take pride in the things I own, mainly because I feel lucky to be able to own them.

So yes, my car does get pampered, but hey, I still drive it and will most likely plant the foot on any straight road I find myself on. I don't claim nor need to be a back road hero, pushing the limits around a corner isn't my idea of fun, I can't afford to fix things if anything goes wrong.. I used to find it fun until I pushed it too hard one day and smashed my last pride and joy.. And couldn't afford to fix it.

Every now and then yes, I will have a blast round the twisties but my main thrill is simple acceleration and having it look the way I want. It's not about how you drive the car, its weather you enjoy owning it be it for looks, speed, handling etc. :)

I use mine everyday for a 40-odd mile round trip to work. Not much traffic mind, it's all fast A-roads with the occasional stretch of dual-carriageway so it does get driven rather hard! I do look after it though, it's a bit of a project as it was in a state whan I bought it. New susension, wheels and tyres have helped a treat and it's a lovely car to drive everyday. It also gets a wash and a wax every couple of weeks at least so it's generally pretty spangly, although parking under trees doesn't rerally help that :(

I also love to race and notice mainly porshe drivers you can always rely to race you. I come across lots of scoobys astons even a few ferrari.s lotus etc and they never race why have a car like that and not use it.

But they are using it, unless they're just sitting in it on the drive. They are just using it in a different way to you.

they the type who will only race your normal car i.e your everyday corsa focus and so on.

Or maybe they're the type who don't race at all. Not everyone has the urge to measure themselves against other drivers. My guess is that very few Aston Martin divers have got the slightest interest in whether an old Toyota can go faster than they can.