The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hard work paying off....

JustGav

Guest kenblockseal

Well done mate, Ive done hundreds of trackdays at Knockhill, And its hard enough going into Duffus Dip fully commited in a Evo thats been set up for knockhill, Never mind twinning with a car while sideways, Its hard to convey the way duffus is layed it, The gradiant changes a few times as you go through it aswell making it worse.

The lad in the Sierra is a friend, Ade Brannan, Ive done a load of private trackdays with him, hes a decent driver, Its a shame you never got a decent run with him.

Cheers,

Kenny.

There are three classes in BDC: semi-pro, pro & super-pro. I'm not 100% but I think if Ash finishes in the top four of semi-pro over a season he will then be promoted to pro.

Also during each event the winning driver in each class gets to compete in the class above only for that event if they choose to do so.

I was at Knockhill on Sunday and Ash was driving excellently, except for one escapade into the gravel. Thoroughly deserved his place on the podium. :thumbs:

This is a very hard form of motor-sport to get to this level at, especially as a privateer. Takes a lot of determination and perseverance, which going by his blogs, Ash seems to have in spades.

Best of luck for the remaining two rounds. :)

One round left for semi-pro's, this year pro & super-pro get 6, entrance fee's reflected this. But thanks for your kind words mate, that really meant a lot :D

Well done mate, Ive done hundreds of trackdays at Knockhill, And its hard enough going into Duffus Dip fully commited in a Evo thats been set up for knockhill, Never mind twinning with a car while sideways, Its hard to convey the way duffus is layed it, The gradiant changes a few times as you go through it aswell making it worse.

The lad in the Sierra is a friend, Ade Brannan, Ive done a load of private trackdays with him, hes a decent driver, Its a shame you never got a decent run with him.

Cheers,

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, I had a talk with Ade before our practice and he said he had gripped it before, so as I said to him then, at least he had more experience of it then me lol. But good bloke, did feel bad for him after because he was so close to getting out there, to go out that way is cruel but thats motorsport I guess and sometime you have take every piece of good luck you can because some bad will always be around the corner. I've spoken to him since, and it seems some electric fans are to blame during too much current, but Im sure he'll be back ready for next time ;)

There are three classes in BDC: semi-pro, pro & super-pro. I'm not 100% but I think if Ash finishes in the top four of semi-pro over a season he will then be promoted to pro.

Also during each event the winning driver in each class gets to compete in the class above only for that event if they choose to do so.

I was at Knockhill on Sunday and Ash was driving excellently, except for one escapade into the gravel. Thoroughly deserved his place on the podium. :thumbs:

This is a very hard form of motor-sport to get to this level at, especially as a privateer. Takes a lot of determination and perseverance, which going by his blogs, Ash seems to have in spades.

Best of luck for the remaining two rounds. :)

I've been doing some digging around and its the top 4 from each class that get to compete in the class above at the next round, so for Sunderland I shall competing in the semi-pro and pro class.

Its also the top 8 of the semi-pro class that will get promoted to the pro class at the end of the season, and Im told after my 3rd place at Knockhill, Im currently 9th in the Championship, so that means one spot off promotion, so I HAVE TO qualify in the top 8 at Sunderland to probably finish in the top 8 overall.

Guest kenblockseal

Thanks Kenny, I had a talk with Ade before our practice and he said he had gripped it before, so as I said to him then, at least he had more experience of it then me lol. But good bloke, did feel bad for him after because he was so close to getting out there, to go out that way is cruel but thats motorsport I guess and sometime you have take every piece of good luck you can because some bad will always be around the corner. I've spoken to him since, and it seems some electric fans are to blame during too much current, but Im sure he'll be back ready for next time ;)

Ive had years of experiance on Duffus dip, but yous guys must have massive balls to go into it sideways, Ive been to the time attack/drift days at knockhill and duffus is the best spot to watch from, staying out the gravel there is a nightmare for any driver , This is one on my best friends, who is a KH regular he doesnt miss a hot hatch day, competes at the SMRC, and also the fiesta ST challenge going into it too commited -

yeah ade's a nice guy, Shame he had some bad luck but id imagine competing in the drifting takes its toll heavily on the cars, it must be hard keeping them reliable and running at that level, another of my friends were doing BDC this year Keiron Cameron, but he missed a few events and pulled out of the competion.

Ade's website is pretty cool if you have a spare 5 min's -

http://www.adrianbrannan.com

http://www.adrianbrannan.com/car%20photography%20Adrian%20Brannan%20abcarpix.htm

Cheers,

Kenny.

Ive had years of experiance on Duffus dip, but yous guys must have massive balls to go into it sideways, Ive been to the time attack/drift days at knockhill and duffus is the best spot to watch from, staying out the gravel there is a nightmare for any driver , This is one on my best friends, who is a KH regular he doesnt miss a hot hatch day, competes at the SMRC, and also the fiesta ST challenge going into it too commited -

yeah ade's a nice guy, Shame he had some bad luck but id imagine competing in the drifting takes its toll heavily on the cars, it must be hard keeping them reliable and running at that level, another of my friends were doing BDC this year Keiron Cameron, but he missed a few events and pulled out of the competion.

Ade's website is pretty cool if you have a spare 5 min's -

http://www.adrianbrannan.com

http://www.adrianbrannan.com/car%20photography%20Adrian%20Brannan%20abcarpix.htm

Cheers,

Kenny.

Its amazing how lame that hill still looks even in that video, but when you're stood there looking down the start/finish straight, or even at the side in the spectator viewing area, you can really appreciate the gradiant more.

But for everyone else, first bit of go-pro footage edited and uploaded to FB for now, youtube to come soon. Think I'll try another setting from the wide angle setting next time, makes the angle of the car look quite lame, but I can assure it was being thrown a lot more sideways then it appears, near on 90 degrees at times because even others commented.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150287199208481#!/video/video.php?v=10150287199208481&comments

Really enjoyed the day and congrats on a great finish ash!

I was watching from pretty much where the commentary boys were on the inside of the first bend. You really can't appreciate the bend at all until you see it in person. Anyone willing to go pretty much kamikaze sideways into that bend gets my respect!