The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul372 uk spec repaint

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are some of the pictures what is happening to the paint work Rob did on my dads uk spec, I've tried going about it the right way and message him about it but he's having in none of it and is blaming my dad for lack of aftercare and neglect but I know doesn't matter how much you wash and polish this which we have tried many times this is 100% painters error but he's not accepting any responsibility for this bad workman ship

I dont think the aftercare could change the process[/quote

Exactly, this job has gone wrong and he needs to hold his hands up rather than just fobbing me off saying that is down to neglect and lack of aftercare, paid a good amount of money to for this rubbish £2800

Lol your pathetic mate. You got in touch with us regarding this and you said you don't trust us and don't want to come back to us even though we would have looked into this issue and helped out. So what happened to years 1,2,3 ?? You have no idea how to look after a car you have just neglected the car and even admitted that its sat there and not been cleaned! Infact you said it's been cleaned twice.

If it was a paint issue this has well expired the warranty which is usually 3 years! If you can't be asked to look after the car then you have to accept the consequences it's nothing to do with us and we have hundreds of happy customers. You refused to come to the garage so that's down to you. 4 Years on!!!

Another point to add is the car did come back to us and we did do a couple of little jobs which needing doing but while we had the car Paul was crying about a big mark on the bonnet which was ' bird crap' but we as a decent garage repainted the Bonnet free of charge and also did the other work. A satisfactory note was signed and they took the car!!! 4 years on after it sitting on his driveway neglected he wonders why it's like this!!

People who know me and us would know we would do our best to sort the problem and to us it looks like a paint issue! We have no idea if you have used a chemical on the bodywork or what, if your refusing to come down then nothing will get looked at. All your trying to do is pass the blame and try to tarnish our company. Even new cars paintwork has issues and yours is no by means a good well looked after example of a supra. i have contacted bodyshops about this and they all say the same thing and paint warranty is out on this

we all make mistakes Rob and sometimes things don't go quite right the way they should but you should own up to it which your not, we brought the car back three times because we wasn't happy with it and the paint work had issues. I said I would bring it down but you wasn't interested and used your pathetic excuse for your bad workman ship blaming my dad on neglect and lack of after care, who are you trying to kid, no amount of washing and polishing would stop this from happening anyone would know that. Can't believe we trusted you and this is the shit we get, I'm not saying you haven't got lots and happy customers I'm sure you have but this job has gone wrong and you painted it.

It's blatant neglect! i said bring it down but you said you don't trust us lol so go elsewhere, we have tried and offered to help investigate what's caused the problem 4 years on!! Warranty will be expired on that paint now and no mistakes were made or rushed with our workmanship! It's all here and well documented...

You've resorted to lying know Rob nothing was signed, I'm was never refusing, you straight away started to blame it on neglect and aftercare without never seeing it. I've taken it to other body shops and got there opinions today and both said it was down to the painters error and that the paint has reacted between coats

You lucky to even be offered help trying to find out the problem!! After 4 years I know for fact most bodyshops would call you a little piss taker and call you a joke. We are a genuin garage and decent helpful traders for 7 years who love supras. Aftercare and leaving it outside is your problem, 4 years anything could have happened or could have been washed with a harmful product to crack the paint. It's a long time to try and kick off at us

You've resorted to lying know Rob nothing was signed, I'm was never refusing, you straight away started to blame it on neglect and aftercare without never seeing it. I've taken it to other body shops and got there opinions today and both said it was down to the painters error and that the paint has reacted between coats

It's decided to react after 4 years lol behave! Who you kidding mate. Been in the trade over 40 years mate.