The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A what's it worth with a difference (Insurance reasons)

DodgyRog

I am in the process of getting Insurance Quotes again and at the moment Livingstones are the cheapest and they can offer me agreed value at no extra cost

This is where the problem starts, I really have nothing to compare my car to for a comparison for value, so thought I would do a quick list of parts etc and ask what you lot think

Please remember this is for agreed value, so what it would cost for me to replace if the worst happened

Supra N/A 3.0 SZ 5-speed manual

Interior is pretty much perfect condition now with

Black roof lining, sun visors, carpets

Black Leather Oem Seats

Momo Trek R steering wheel

Full Polished dash ring set

Exterior

Work VS-TX 18" 3 piece, staggered split rims

Jun Carbonfibre bonnet (rare as)

Trd wide body front bumper

OEM Sideskirts

OEM Spats

Veilside Overfenders

Trd full carbon rear spoiler

AutoShine rear Diffuser To be fitted soon:innocent:)

The front wings have been built up making them bespoke, one of a kind, giving a stock widebody look from the front, with heavy blending on the overfenders and sideskirts

Paintwork is spot on, as it only had a full respray in May and is going back for a few more bits of bodywork tinkering and details to be changed at the end of the month

Facelift Clear indicators front and sides

Clear Indicator conversion to rear lights

Folding Electric Mirrors

Engine+ mechanicals

Full de-cat

K+N washable panel filter

Carbing Front Strut Brace with brake stop

Nur Spec S back box

Torsen LSD Diff

Uk front brakes

Uk Glass Headlights

Dip, Main and Fog HID's

Roughly 80k miles, but it's a bit irrelevant as nearly everything has been changed on the car now :D

A couple of pics, just in case someone does not know what my Supra looks like:p

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

LWIB dont do like for like cover, you only get an agreed value which you'll need them to agree

to and they will want high quality exterior and interior photos along with a spec sheet.

You wont get a replacement value for your car or individual parts

To give you an idea im with them and have a £13k agreed value on my car.

That's a difficult one. If it was for sale, I'd say it was worth £5k. The best move would be to ask for like-for-like cover on your modifications. Not sure if they'll do it, but it's worth a try.

LWIB dont do like for like cover, you only get an agreed value which you'll need them to agree

to and they will want high quality exterior and interior photos along with a spec sheet.

You wont get a replacement value for your car or individual parts

To give you an idea im with them and have a £13k agreed value on my car.

I thought they offered me like for like, until you said that Dunk, but I will check on that part

The problem with like for like for me though, is almost all the parts are not available anymore anyway, it's taken me 5 years to get it like it is now.

It also means getting a value for each part is impossible, which is why I was looking at going down the agreed value route

I need to speak to them again anyway, to check if dropping a TT engine in is going to cause an issue next year ish

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I thought they offered me like for like, until you said that Dunk, but I will check on that part

The problem with like for like for me though, is almost all the parts are not available anymore anyway, it's taken me 5 years to get it like it is now.

It also means getting a value for each part is impossible, which is why I was looking at going down the agreed value route

I need to speak to them again anyway, to check if dropping a TT engine in is going to cause an issue next year ish

I actually spoke to Jason Livingstone about like for like and he said theres no way they can do it but he could

put an agreed value on my car which is the next best thing

I had to put a list together of all my mods with an approximate cost of each mod and any power

increases if it was engine related

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)