The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Policies - good news and bad news

johnny g

Just renewed the Supra - and I thought I'd get a quote for the X5 I'm looking to buy....

Good news: Supra; Footman James - 9yr NCB, 3 points - £530/year @ 3000 miles limited. £10k value car.

Bad news: X5, all brokers, 9 yr NCB on this too, 3 points - £2100/year @ 12000 miles. £38k value car.

How can they get a ridiculous figure like that? When I bought my 535d, for £39k in 2005, I was paying £780/year and haven't paid more than £750/year since. It's mental!

How would you insure three cars then Johnny? Would NCB not become a problem?

I use money :)

I've got 2 x 9years NCB and 1 x 8 years NCB and 1 x 6 years NCB, as I used to have 4 cars. Currently using the 2x 9 years on the cars now. Will put the X5 on the 8 years, or move the Supra around.

I use money :)

I've got 2 x 9years NCB and 1 x 8 years NCB and 1 x 6 years NCB, as I used to have 4 cars. Currently using the 2x 9 years on the cars now. Will put the X5 on the 8 years, or move the Supra around.

How does one person get multiple NCBs?

We have three cars here. One mine, one Vicki's and the other is on a classic. We are trying to sell the Supe and get an RS4 but we can't get that on a classic. If I had a way of keeping three cars without getting bummed on the insurance I would possibly change my plans.

H.

How does one person get multiple NCBs?

H.

You build it up on each policy.

I have 19yrs no claims on my Supra policy but, only 6yrs on my family hatch who, is with another insurance company. (Once you get over 5yrs NCB it does not matter how many more years you add to it, or so I was told by one insurance co.)