The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to tell from that vid around 11s as the shot is kinda all over the place, and your needles flick around quickly anyway with wheelspin etc. Are you seeing the needles suddenly drop and then flick back, or is any lighting dimming? Anything else you notice die momentarily? Is it a flicker or a dimming? Any warning lights on the dash glowing dimly rather than being actually on?

The more accurately you can spot the symptoms, the easier it'll be to find the prob :)

It's hard to tell from that vid around 11s as the shot is kinda all over the place, and your needles flick around quickly anyway with wheelspin etc. Are you seeing the needles suddenly drop and then flick back, or is any lighting dimming? Anything else you notice die momentarily? Is it a flicker or a dimming? Any warning lights on the dash glowing dimly rather than being actually on?

The more accurately you can spot the symptoms, the easier it'll be to find the prob :)

Watch the video in HD and you should be able to see it Ian, no warning lights, just stereo and rev counter die for a split second.

Check earth point IF, driver's side footwell. It earths out the fuel gauge, speedo, and rev counter and nothing else you'd notice. Piccy attached, but it's for LHD so you'll have to flip it in your head :) From what I recall it's incredibly easy to get at, just pull the trim out and it's in front of your eyes, 10mm bolt.

JP_earth.jpg

Check earth point IF, driver's side footwell. It earths out the fuel gauge, speedo, and rev counter and nothing else you'd notice. Piccy attached, but it's for LHD so you'll have to flip it in your head :) From what I recall it's incredibly easy to get at, just pull the trim out and it's in front of your eyes, 10mm bolt.

You know what, i think you have hit the nail on the head there Ian as when the cage was welded in the welder left off earth point IH, i bet he did the same on the other side, will have a look tomorrow.

Thanks for that :)

Possibly the most accurately targetted YouTube advert ever :rlol:

I clicked that picture a few min ago and wondered what you was on about, i just clicked it again and the penny dropped, lmao:d

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

The car is in at SRD at the min to sort a couple of things out.

I had a lot of clutch problems at suprapod, after doing some research i think its an hydraulic issue, the master cylinder gets hot from the downpipe being so close and the system has pretty old fluid in it, Lee is going to change the master cylinder, slave cylinder, and fit one of whifbitz braided lines with all new fluid, if that dont cure the problem then Lee will look at the clutch.

Lee is also going to make a new heatsheild that covers the master cylinder, ive got some of that gold heat proof sticky back to cover it with an all.

I also had an issue with the car ticking over really high at suprapod, 2000rpm, this got worse on the drive home and even worse again when i dropped the car to Lee, 3000rpm tickover when i got to Lee's, turns out where the ICV plate is welded on the bottom of the hypertune manifold its cracked, Lee is removing the manifold to get this fixed, pictures soon.

Big thanks to Chris Wilson for sorting out my HKS drag coilovers, Lee got them back today and will be fitting shortly.

Picked up my new Hoosier QTP drag slicks today, these are the same 27" i like but an inch wider than the MT's i used at Suprapod.

Got one of SRD'd alley undertrays going on the car an all.

Also fitting the purge kit back on as i was never sure if nitrous was in the lines or not, With the above sorted and changing NOS jets from 50 bhp to 100 bhp sized jets im hoping getting that 9 i want will be a breeze :)

Nos Jets.

Don't know if it will help but I made a heat shield that ran from the clutch cylinder to the brake cylinder and I also ran the clutch line into the bulkhead under the scuttle panel. It's well shaded from the heat under there. Might be worth doing while it's all stripped out bud.

I want tyres like that :D but know it would kill the box :(

When is the next time your out on the strip Jamie?

Depends when the car is ready Neil, i told Lee im in no rush, there is a few rwyb days coming up in september, i also like the look of the saturday night special on october the first.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Myself and Ryan are buying to share Kev Huntley's trailer off him that he used for the ENVY drag Supra, be nice to now have a trailer kicking about i can use when needed, still rather drive my car to an event but its a pita changing wheels and coilover settings when you get there.

Don't know if it will help but I made a heat shield that ran from the clutch cylinder to the brake cylinder and I also ran the clutch line into the bulkhead under the scuttle panel. It's well shaded from the heat under there. Might be worth doing while it's all stripped out bud.

That is whats being done now bud, we had one that covered the brake cylinder, just never went infront of the master.

Did you get anywhere with the dodgy rev counter issue?

No, all earths seemed to be good, strangly after i refitting my headlights the issue has not happened since, im wondering if something from the HID's could have been shorting out, im hopeful that issue is gone.

Yeah be handy to have in the gang, anyone has an issue i can drive my car home and anyone else can use the trailer.

My thoughts exactly - just means we can all push the cars and not be scared of never getting home!! Thanks for taking one for the team :hi: