bl4stin

Oh and jspec kerb weights:

NA 5spd hardtop: 1459kg

NA auto hardtop: 1477kg

NA 5spd aero: 1485kg

NA auto aero: 1503kg

TT 6spd hardtop: 1549kg

TT auto hardtop: 1567kg

TT 6spd aero: 1576kg (not available from the factory in RHD)

TT auto aero: 1581kg

Did the weight not change with the facelift Darryl? I'm not sure if the sum of the differences worked out to be the same weight but I know they lowered the weight of the wishbones, radiator etc while adding some extra bracing?

Genuinely interested, not poking holes :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the weight not change with the facelift Darryl? I'm not sure if the sum of the differences worked out to be the same weight but I know they lowered the weight of the wishbones, radiator etc while adding some extra bracing?

Genuinely interested, not poking holes :)

They are pre-facelift weights. I can't seem to find any decent info about the jspec facelifts. There were a lot of differencs (some will make them lighter, others heavier), the options on them make it more difficult to give a figure too.

The suspension was modified slightly, but I do not believe it was lighter. Some had REAS which is sure to add weight. Some had Recaro's which save a lot of weight, they had the lighter small diff on the 6spd., etc. Lots to add, lots to reduce!

They are pre-facelift weights. I can't seem to find any decent info about the jspec facelifts. There were a lot of differencs (some will make them lighter, others heavier), the options on them make it more difficult to give a figure too.

Not that it makes any difference to me giving the amount of bits I've glued to my car, just interested to know really :)

Profanity is strictly prohibited but I'll give it a whirl.

You have joined a forum that is in my opinion quite well thought of, with respected members, respected opinions and respected cars (all variants, not just Supras). We have been there, seen it, and made the t-shirts. Members have ploughed 1000s of pounds into their cars only to have them fall around about their ears whilst some have built amazingly fast cars on a shoestring. The knowledge I have gained on this forum, and continue to gain, is mindblowing to say the least. I trust the information and collective knowledge on here so much that I will be using it to go ahead and strip my car to the bare bones over the winter whilst never having done anything close to it before.

And yet...... you join this forum with your Forza driving experience and "online" expert friends asking the stupidest of questions with the amazingly ludicrous of backstories and expect a genuine response? And better yet when you get a genuine response you discredit it because your COD mate knows better? If you aren't a plant then you are one of the most dillusional UK citizens I have seen join this forum in a long time (and we have our fair share I can assure you).

You genuinely come across like a kid that has watched a fast and furious movie and decided to join a Supra forum......... honestly... you really do.

If your questions aren't blatantly obtuse then they are repeats of the same old dross that gets asked on here every single day by every other F&F wannabe.

I would gladly pay you £10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious.

Lol , ok well i can see why nobody respects you , as you sound quite the gimp , so lets go back to the beggining of thread , bareing in mind you never had to answer my much needed question , ok i posted and everyone has the right to answer but i never asked you to bother answering , and you still couldnt even answer when you posted what you said !!!

i asked if my friend was right in what he was saying as i most of the time i trust his opinion , so i wanted to run it past the supra experts . i knew he wasnt right about the supra auto being rubbish as i had already heard from you guys that it was excellent, so i knew that.

what i wanted you guys to tell me if you knew , was if there was anythin else differant other than auto and the manual gearbox , i.e any suspension differances any internal engine differances and is there a big differance in the KG and stuff like that .

if there was anythin else differant then id of liked the answer to be , e.g " yes there is that differant and this is better and also this is differant aswell "

if there wasnt any differances other than the gearbox , id of liked the reply to be " nope or no differance THATS IT !!

Except all i got was a bunch whohar and sarcasm , which is unwarrented as i was only running something past you guys , stupid as it might of sounded , i still only wanted an answer to my questions.

Oh and just for the record i havent seen the fast and the furious , though i suppose you have , however i know one of the cars is an orange supra so ive been told .

again thanks to the people who replied with intelligence i know there was only a few unfortunatly , but at least in the end i got the answer i was after , so thanks :)

Oh and jspec kerb weights:

NA 5spd hardtop: 1459kg

NA auto hardtop: 1477kg

NA 5spd aero: 1485kg

NA auto aero: 1503kg

TT 6spd hardtop: 1549kg

TT auto hardtop: 1567kg

TT 6spd aero: 1576kg (not available from the factory in RHD)

TT auto aero: 1581kg

nice , thanks mate , thats the kindof answer i should of had , so thanks

Lol , ok well i can see why nobody respects you , as you sound quite the gimp , so lets go back to the beggining of thread , bareing in mind you never had to answer my much needed question , ok i posted and everyone has the right to answer but i never asked you to bother answering , and you still couldnt even answer when you posted what you said !!!

i asked if my friend was right in what he was saying as i most of the time i trust his opinion , so i wanted to run it past the supra experts . i knew he wasnt right about the supra auto being rubbish as i had already heard from you guys that it was excellent, so i knew that.

what i wanted you guys to tell me if you knew , was if there was anythin else differant other than auto and the manual gearbox , i.e any suspension differances any internal engine differances and is there a big differance in the KG and stuff like that .

if there was anythin else differant then id of liked the answer to be , e.g " yes there is that differant and this is better and also this is differant aswell "

if there wasnt any differances other than the gearbox , id of liked the reply to be " nope or no differance THATS IT !!

Except all i got was a bunch whohar and sarcasm , which is unwarrented as i was only running something past you guys , stupid as it might of sounded , i still only wanted an answer to my questions.

Oh and just for the record i havent seen the fast and the furious , though i suppose you have , however i know one of the cars is an orange supra so ive been told .

again thanks to the people who replied with intelligence i know there was only a few unfortunatly , but at least in the end i got the answer i was after , so thanks :)

You really aren't getting it are you ????

I'll be honest, I didn't read even 1/4 of that. Once you had lost the grasp that I was answering the question that you previously asked me (about refunds) I decided to give up reading.

I paint a picture of myself, and people can take from that what they will, the ones who don't like me I won't care about anyway. You paint a picture of yourself, and I gave a description of the picture I see. Trouble is you will find that most people will agree with my interpretation, or close to it, not only from this thread but based on all 50 of your posts. So it would be good if you would have a look around at how members represent themselves on this forum and compare that to how you are putting yourself forward.

Enjoy your stay though, the offer always stands :)

I'll be honest, I didn't read even 1/4 of that. Once you had lost the grasp that I was answering the question that you previously asked me (about refunds) I decided to give up reading.

I paint a picture of myself, and people can take from that what they will, the ones who don't like me I won't care about anyway. You paint a picture of yourself, and I gave a description of the picture I see. Trouble is you will find that most people will agree with my interpretation, or close to it, not only from this thread but based on all 50 of your posts. So it would be good if you would have a look around at how members represent themselves on this forum and compare that to how you are putting yourself forward.

lol you dont even read . you go keep painting pictures in your head , and i will just ask questions about the car i wanna get , , thanks , when you read carefully all what i said then you should reply

I think its a lost cause Scott, re-arange these words whale, omlette,as,thick,a !!!!

lol you dont even read . you go keep painting pictures in your head , and i will just ask questions about the car i wanna get , , thanks , when you read carefully all what i said then you should reply

I spoke to my mate about it, he said you're an idiot.