The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I selling my Supra at the right price?

AlexJames

Maybe 5 years ago bud. 2.5k for the gearbox is the going rate, add in the diff, the prop and the driveshafts along with the clutch, master cylinder etc and you are well into 3k. If you can get a drive in drive out 6spd swap for 3k inclusive you're doing better than everyone on here at the moment (talking N/A not AUTO)

As for the engine, was that a longblock with turbo and all ancileries? The last I checked it was 3k for a swap, that did include labour but doesn't include everything else in the engine bay that is also worth money (exhaust, decats, rad, aircon, the list goes on). The engine and engine parts are easily worth 3k when stripped.

I was offered everything for a 6cp conversion for £1,700 just before xmas, and again a couple of months ago for £2,100. Both by members on here so I am not doing

better than all members :)

Engine was this time last year, it was without turbos though, you are right there, But I had two new turbos fitted on my car when I got it with the receipt stating £800 for them fitted.

I would say you are right in parts this is worth £7k. complete as a Cat D it will be worth £6k for people who don't care about the Cat D part, but a lot of people will be put off unless it has a price to reflect, so £5k will get most people interested who want a supra.

£4k and it is an absolute bargain :)

Just read its sold for £4k.

Glad you are happy, end of the day if you are happy an dthe buyer is happy thats all that matters.

Count the money though, I sold my last sup to a member on here for £4k, trusted him as he is a member, when he had gone I counted it at it was £200 short. Cheeky sod then started saying he wasn't going to pay it because he found scratches and things he didn't see when he bought it. Not that I am bitter.