The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Land Rover Freelander TD4

Nic

Yep ive got one had it for 4 years no problems at all, reasonable on fuel, decent room in the back strong engine. Have had a lot of people tell me that most of them run in 2wheel drive only but i cant say ive had any problems ours is a 2002 model

Chris

Freelander was worst offender on AA list if it comes to roadside recovery. For around 4k you can have a look around after Toyota Rav4 perhaps?

Does that include the petrol version though? Older petrol Freelanders came with the infamous Rover K-series engine.

i had a petrol version just about anything that could go wrong did, head casket, clutch,gearbox amongst things, garage said one of the worst cars i could have bought.

I take it you are talking about the Freelander? Knew someone that had a 3 door Rav4, excellent car, regretted selling it. They also have one of the best residual values of any used car. I'd definitely go for one of these over a Freelander.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Anyone have experience of the Toyota Rav 4 D4D? Just been having a look around a 2002 3 door diesel such as the link below may be in the price range.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-52-TOYOTA-RAV-4-D4D-NRG-/250779990740?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a63a6fad4#ht_1058wt_1141

I have driven one & it's a pretty good car! Quite solid & nice to drive!

My colleague brought a 5 door version a couple years back & she loves it, think she got a 2004 model fully loaded with everything! Even had sat nav & heated seats! Hasn't reported any problems back & I was the one who found the car for sale on auto trader.