The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the most power out of a n/a supra mk4 ??

bl4stin

Theres a guy on you tube.................. carlmadboy, his NA is like 600hp, you should take a look

just been reading this thread and saw the above,i thought 600bhp from an na? how is this possible and why have i not seen this? copied and pasted "carlmadboy" into you tube and realised its that plonker! haha made me lol that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bought my tt auto so cheap that it almost made sense to buy it and convert it manual that buy a tt6 if you search around you can find some right gems especially on here

also the auto box( me being the same you are with regards manuals) is better than i expected x10 i actually dont mind leaving it there till iv got my conversion parts

:D

Definetely get yourself along to a meet, I'm not familar with the ones in your area but I;m sure the local guys will take you out in their cars if you want to get a feel for how they perform. The auto shouldn't be overlooked, they are *very* good in a TT, but I understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't peronally buy one.

The reason I asked was due to the upgrade route - I..e would you be happy with an auto TT until you could get it converted to manual (slightly more expensive route initally, but FAR better than buying an NA and then wanting more power)

:search:

he must have dwarf mate who dont mind being cramped lol my 3 yr old daughter doesnt even have enough leg room! unless the passenger is horribly cramped up in the front

i normally get who ever is in the back to put there feet on a mat on the other seat but its really uncomfortable

I also have a N/A and am thinking of putting in turbo lump next year,was reading the thread and what company would fit a turbo lump for £2500 please? and will my 5speed box be ok with the new lump aswell? just trying to find out as much info as possible before start the process, ans also is the n,a block same as turbo block as was thinking of fitting low comp pistons and H beam conrods to my engine and then fitting turbo kit will this work? i knw it easier just buying a TT but have this supra now and love it and dont want to save for ages to but TT then rebuild engine

will my 5speed box be ok with the new lump aswell?

Many 5spd boxes have failed at BPU power levels.

ans also is the n,a block same as turbo block as was thinking of fitting low comp pistons and H beam conrods to my engine and then fitting turbo kit will this work?

Turbo kit, ECU/mapping, fueling upgrades, cooling upgrades, electronics, transmission upgrades, labour, etc. it can be done but doing it properly - using quality parts - you'd be looking at £10K+

i knw it easier just buying a TT but have this supra now and love it and dont want to save for ages to but TT then rebuild engine

By far the best and cheapest option is to sell the NA and buy a TT. A 2JZ-GTE transplant is a popular option but the resale value of the car will be a lot lower than a genuine TT if you ever decided to sell.

Well i think then i will just buy a 2JZ-GTE engine and just drop the lot in,as do want to keep my supra and aint to worried if do sell her shes not worth a much as genuine TT, i would of brought a TT but want a manual and they just too expensive plus didnt want to wait as have wanted a supra for couple years now, how much does it cost to drop in the 2JZ-GTE lump? and who would be a good company to use? as before drop the lump in would want to change bearings 1st

Beacuse if did buy a TT would want to strip and rebuild engine so knw if bullet prove and that will add thousands to the build and from what i have found so far i can buy,rebuild and fit TT lump in mine for 5k and in long run it works out cheaper than buying a TT for 9k then spending 3k rebuilding block plus then the cost of going single turbo aswell will add yet another couple grand

Barney look @ clubna-t.com/supraforums.com for W58's breaking on NA-T's and NA-TT's using the search button.

They tend to break at around 350/400Whp, altough ive seen dyno sheets on NA-T's with 500Whp on their W58.

Their just not power shifting, redline shifting, pulling burnouts, misshifting, boosting all the time.

If you use the W58 for drag with over 375Whp it will eventually break, maybe this year maybe next and if lucky the year after.

I'm gonna run my NA-T on E85 next summer and pull around 400/450hp on 8.7psi/10psi on the stock W58 with high quality oil and clutch. ill post my expiriences once i find out.

Cool that will be intresting as iam trying to find out as much info as possible before start doing my na-t conversion, i knw alot of the TT owners just say buy a TT but wanted a supra now not in couple years when save and am planning on rebuilding the engine myself as did build a race spec CVH engine in my s2 rs turbo,i only want around 400wrhp as want my supra just to be a very fast road car that car use every day

Turbo drivers need the power to make up for the lack of skill in some cases. A healthy N/A with a few suitable mods puts out enough power to have fun, i have driven some pretty tasty cars in my time, but my N/A is fun to drive, cheap to run (in comparison with turbo cars) and looks brilliant in my opinion. When i get bored of the power level, then i will turbo it.