The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the most power out of a n/a supra mk4 ??

bl4stin

To answer your original question, as others have mentioned getting power from an NA is almost impossible. +20bhp could be gained from exhaust mods but that's about it without going forced induction or incredibly expensive NA mods. Even with NA mods the TT engine route makes so much more sense financially and in terms of further upgrades. TT's are not that much more expensive than NA's and if you don't already have a top end NA it's a much cheaper route to just buy a TT in the first place.

Are you bothered about auto's vs manuals?

Thanks for saving the mods some time and explaining in full :)

Stock (BPU) TT's are very quick cars, no doubt about it. The single is a whole different matter though, it's the same difference between an NA and a TT as a TT to single (and on high specs, then some). They don't have the same very low end power as the TT in 1st gear, but the mid and high range is phenomenally more torquey. You really need to go in one to appreciate it, just ask one of the guys here, they'll be happy to take you for a drive.

Theres a guy on you tube.................. carlmadboy, his NA is like 600hp, you should take a look

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer your original question, as others have mentioned getting power from an NA is almost impossible. +20bhp could be gained from exhaust mods but that's about it without going forced induction or incredibly expensive NA mods. Even with NA mods the TT engine route makes so much more sense financially and in terms of further upgrades. TT's are not that much more expensive than NA's and if you don't already have a top end NA it's a much cheaper route to just buy a TT in the first place.

Are you bothered about auto's vs manuals?

Thanks for saving the mods some time and explaining in full :)

Stock (BPU) TT's are very quick cars, no doubt about it. The single is a whole different matter though, it's the same difference between an NA and a TT as a TT to single (and on high specs, then some). They don't have the same very low end power as the TT in 1st gear, but the mid and high range is phenomenally more torquey. You really need to go in one to appreciate it, just ask one of the guys here, they'll be happy to take you for a drive.

in a bit of way i am botherd auto v manual , even though people have said the auto gear box is not your typical autobox its supposed to be out of this world .......

even though i believe them i will always prefare manual , so then im in 100 percent controll when i want the gears to change .

i would love to come to a meet , as ive never been inside a supra before ive only seen them from pictures , so id love to come and see what there all about , i will check for any north west meets and ill pop along on me gixxer :):) .. if thats alright ofcourse !!!!!!!

in a bit of way i am botherd auto v manual , even though people have said the auto gear box is not your typical autobox its supposed to be out of this world .......

even though i believe them i will always prefare manual , so then im in 100 percent controll when i want the gears to change .

i would love to come to a meet , as ive never been inside a supra before ive only seen them from pictures , so id love to come and see what there all about , i will check for any north west meets and ill pop along on me gixxer :):) .. if thats alright ofcourse !!!!!!!

What gixxer do you have ?????

Theres a guy on you tube.................. carlmadboy, his NA is like 600hp, you should take a look

:D

Definetely get yourself along to a meet, I'm not familar with the ones in your area but I;m sure the local guys will take you out in their cars if you want to get a feel for how they perform. The auto shouldn't be overlooked, they are *very* good in a TT, but I understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't peronally buy one.

The reason I asked was due to the upgrade route - I..e would you be happy with an auto TT until you could get it converted to manual (slightly more expensive route initally, but FAR better than buying an NA and then wanting more power)

:D

Definetely get yourself along to a meet, I'm not familar with the ones in your area but I;m sure the local guys will take you out in their cars if you want to get a feel for how they perform. The auto shouldn't be overlooked, they are *very* good in a TT, but I understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't peronally buy one.

The reason I asked was due to the upgrade route - I..e would you be happy with an auto TT until you could get it converted to manual (slightly more expensive route initally, but FAR better than buying an NA and then wanting more power)

ahh thats a good point there , can the supra get a 6 speed manual gear box from an n/a or would it have to be from aanother donor tt supra ??

ahh thats a good point there , can the supra get a 6 speed manual gear box from an n/a or would it have to be from aanother donor tt supra ??

You can take the 6speed out of an N/A no bother. The 5speed is different though.

What gixxer do you have ?????

i have the new 2011 gsxr 600 !!!!!

if you read the reviews on the new 2011 model they say and i say aswell its the best 600 ever made !!!! it is unbelievable it really is , i cant stop gettin off it lol

i got this on finance 267 a month , so i would have to save me own money to get a supra lol , there would be no chance i could afford finance for the bike and car plus the insurance lol , so at the moment im gonna try and sell my MR2 TURBO and which is on auto trader and ebay now , and then save a bit and be patient and pick a good supra :)

You can fit any supra and engine box combo, but it's the "other stuff" that makes it a little less clear. The best base car is essential - i.e one with ABS as standard, something not all NA's have.

The 6spd box from the late model NA and late model TT's are the same. They are very rare though on both counts and the boxes are the same price if you try to source 2nd hand (£2.5k+). You then need the diff, prop and a few other bits, doesn't matter if it was from a late 6spd NA or Manual. 6spd conversion kits are available here which usually start at around £3k.

A 6spd NA and get a TT conversion is not a bad idea.

AFAIK you still need the prop etc, but for the money that N/As are going for, even the N/A 6spds, it does make financial sense.

The only MAJOR downfall IMO is the resale value.

A 6spd NA and get a TT conversion is not a bad idea.

Agree with this dude. Finding one with the ABS option for a sensible price is the tricky part!

Yes but you would need a 6spd prop and driveshafts.

Not with the NA 6spd mate, same setup as the TT 6spd v161, just with the auto crown wheel (which needs to be swapped out for a larger one)

You can fit any supra and engine box combo, but it's the "other stuff" that makes it a little less clear. The best base car is essential - i.e one with ABS as standard, something not all NA's have.

The 6spd box from the late model NA and late model TT's are the same. They are very rare though on both counts and the boxes are the same price if you try to source 2nd hand (£2.5k+). You then need the diff, prop and a few other bits, doesn't matter if it was from a late 6spd NA or Manual. 6spd conversion kits are available here which usually start at around £3k.

A 6spd NA still has the wrong diff ratio for a TT6.

have the new 2011 gsxr 600 !!!!!

if you read the reviews on the new 2011 model they say and i say aswell its the best 600 ever made !!!! it is unbelievable it really is , i cant stop gettin off it lol

i got this on finance 267 a month , so i would have to save me own money to get a supra lol , there would be no chance i could afford finance for the bike and car plus the insurance lol , so at the moment im gonna try and sell my MR2 TURBO and which is on auto trader and ebay now , and then save a bit and be patient and pick a good supra

have the new 2011 gsxr 600 !!!!!

i got this on finance 267 a month , so i would have to save me own money to get a supra lol , there would be no chance i could afford finance for the bike and car plus the insurance lol , so at the moment im gonna try and sell my MR2 TURBO and which is on auto trader and ebay now , and then save a bit and be patient and pick a good supra

Nice bike.

A few, ZXR 750, 93 blade, 96 blade, 2001 Mille R, hyabusa, 2004 1000blade.

wow thats an impresive line up , and the hayabusa is amazing , i love suzuki and yamaha the best , i prefare bikes to cars , but its funny , as i started biking 7 months ago and i got into biking to preserve the use of my mr2 , but now its the other way round lol and im selling the mr2 as i love my bike more lol i want a supra as its less hardcore , i say hardcore meaning the mr2 is midengined and is too focussed , where as the supra has more capability in the sence of it has rear seats more practicallity etc , and i love the thought of just crusing on the motorway on a nice 3.0 litre :)