The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TDI Mapping Day

Ryan.G

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how far the technology has come. Your car is fun & driveable wheras not THAT long ago 800hp meant a lag monster.

To think how much air that turbo is flowing to crack out 2.2bar of pressure at 8500rpm (I think that's your limt?) and also cold enough not to create det is just unbelievable. It would be interesting to see where the upper limit is on the turbo regarding pump fuel, definitely a monster regardless :D

It's amazing how far the technology has come. Your car is fun & driveable wheras not THAT long ago 800hp meant a lag monster.

To think how much air that turbo is flowing to crack out 2.2bar of pressure at 8500rpm (I think that's your limt?) and also cold enough not to create det is just unbelievable. It would be interesting to see where the upper limit is on the turbo regarding pump fuel, definitely a monster regardless :D

Im not going to kid anyone and say its fast spooling Scott, it depends what you compare it to, with my RPM limit i still have a huge power band which is what counts imo, anyone thats been in the car will tell you lag is not an issue, anyone that tells you it is an issue has not been in a car like mine, yup 8500rpm:)

what rpm is peak torque/full boost jamie ?

I never bothered to take the dyno sheet as i never got a clean run without miss fire, i will be back there soon.

Im not going to kid anyone and say its fast spooling Scott, it depends what you compare it to, with my RPM limit i still have a huge power band which is what counts imo, anyone thats been in the car will tell you lag is not an issue, anyone that tells you it is an issue has not been in a car like mine, yup 8500rpm:)

Yeah, I don't think anyone is expecting full boost by 2.5krpm though lol.

With the 8.5krpm you must have a good 3k-4k of proper boost? Don't get that with a BPU lol.

:D

Awesome result so far, that sort of power on pump is a great result!

I Should think it will be the highest powered pump fuel car around on either side of the pond when it cracks 1000

Sam at tdi was telling me about loads of cars that go there, he mentined a top secret skyline running 2.5 bar on race fuel, twin gt35 turbos, stroker kit and it maxed out at 820rwhp, i get 880 with relitivley low boost (1.7bar) and a miss fire on pump fuel.:D

Yeah the Skylines at Abbey were pretty much the same as well, alot of these Skyline tuners have been pretty impressed at how easily the 2J lump has been pushing out these figures compared to what they normally see

Get down the private drag strip then, we need a 2.2 bar 0-200 mate??!!

Forgetting about that, will be a good comparison although as you have traction now it might not be a fair one :D

Go for 210 just so that you can call it a true 200 :innocent:

Imagine going sideways down a tight B road at 135mph while trying to watch a laptop as well as being pushed into your seat by about 1.5g.

All i will say is it was more an orgasm than scream!

:D

Well done guys, looking forward to the videos :)