The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ricky49's Single Turbo Upgrade/Alterations

Ricky49

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then I'm after a bit of info on driveshaft.

With the 76mm going on I'm thinking of ordering up a new driveshaft aswell, I have been looking at this from Soind Performance.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/SP_3/__Steel_Heavy_Duty_Drivehaft_93-98_Supra/3232

Is it something I really need as I won't be doing any drag racing but it could see a few hard launches in it's time, or would you suggest to do it as it's going in for work and the stock one is 16years old.

I thought about a refresh on the stock one?

Thoughts people

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Massive change of plan now.

After our sussex meet last Friday and driving round with Lee I am changing my plans for the car. The original plan was to fit Hypertune manifold, 7675 tubby, stage 5 head, Cosworth pistons, Carrillo rods, billet mains, shimless buckets, 4'' DP/MP and all relevent hardware, bolts etc.

Lee asked me why I wanted to go to all that effort when I'm only after around a extra 100fwhp which my response was I want to make the engine safer at that HP.

Lee's reply was 'your car drives really nice, it's quiet, it's quick and he would use it to drive to work if it was his do you really need the extra power. So after an a couple of phone calls to him today the plans are.

Hypertune. Manifold cancelled

Get a S cover compressor housing for the 7675 turn the boost up and let's see what we can get to safely.

Mean while get the port and polished head inspected fit double valve springs, stage 3 SRD cams, billet mains, ARP head bolts, ARP main bolts, ACL Race bearing and ARP rod bolts and leave the stock pistons and rods in my spare block. This will be built up and left with Lee until it is either needed or I want to change it over next year.

The car doesn't get out much and I don't abuse it every time I'm in it so it seems the right thing to do and with the missus wanting another baby soon it is the best thing to do financially at the moment.

Be good to see how the stock engine copes with that turbo, amazing turbo that CEA 7675 you have there, hard hitting, fast spooling, legend of a turbo, when im done with drag racing i will most likely go back to one of them for some trackday fun.

It goes pop will just drop another in, hopefully Lee should get the bits together and the S cover housing.