Best trolley jack for Supra

Josh

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest you pay a bit more and buy a long reach trolley jack, otherwise, if you jack up under the rear diff casing, a stock one will have the handle under the car. Long reach, low height ones are a Godsend. Machine Mart do some half decent ones for home usage. This one looks OK, longish reach, reasonably low height.

Very good advice- long reach and low is very important for the Supra.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to get anything more than a 2 tonne jack, they would lift up much more than that in practice as they design them that way using factors of safety (FoS) etc.

Very good advice- long reach and low is very important for the Supra.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to get anything more than a 2 tonne jack, they would lift up much more than that in practice as they design them that way using factors of safety (FoS) etc.

Not to mention relief valves to stop them from being overloaded.

No danger in a reasonable jack IMO. It's the cheapo £10 that the issues lie with.

I think Josh has made the wrong choice to be honest, we could only advise him though... not do the shopping for him :)

Not to mention relief valves to stop them from being overloaded.

No danger in a reasonable jack IMO. It's the cheapo £10 that the issues lie with.

I think Josh has made the wrong choice to be honest, we could only advise him though... not do the shopping for him :)

It'll fit under my stock-bodied Supra so it'll be ok. If not then I can always take it back :)

Just outta interest, what are the standard scissor style jacks rated too

950kg or so.

That'll be your fill hole bud. Is it not a screwdriver centre? Where you could unscrew it with a narrow plain screwdriver?

It just appears to be a blocked off hole. I'd shone an LED into it and it is just a blocked hole. Cheers man, I'll leave you be and just work it out myself :p. Cheers man!

the black poking out bit under the handle, slightly to the right if you're looking at it from the back, use a spanner, twist it all the way in to jack it up, then twist back out (anticlockwise) to drop it back down

I got that bit, just the instructions aren't clear at all!

Ah right, thought that was what you were struggling with.

Nah, trying to release the air.

The instructions tell you what to do but don't show where anything is at all. I guess that's what you get for buying a "cheaper" product :D

It just appears to be a blocked off hole. I'd shone an LED into it and it is just a blocked hole. Cheers man, I'll leave you be and just work it out myself :p. Cheers man!

I got that bit, just the instructions aren't clear at all!

It's still the fill hole bud, whether you leave it or not that's what it is. It will be a rubber plug, pull it out to fill up, bleed, etc.

I can't wait to read threads when you are actually working on the car :D

It's still the fill hole bud, whether you leave it or not that's what it is. It will be a rubber plug, pull it out to fill up, bleed, etc.

I can't wait to read threads when you are actually working on the car :D

You're a smart bugger. PM me your address and I'm mail you a kiss :D

It is a plug. Bloody me! Nice one mate.

I'm ok when working on the car as there are loads of threads (using the search ;)) explaining how to do stuff, it's just crap like this.

I'm better with a hammer and a spanner than an intricate, sh!tty instructioned thing like this!

You're a smart bugger. PM me your address and I'm mail you a kiss :D

It is a plug. Bloody me! Nice one mate.

I'm ok when working on the car as there are loads of threads (using the search ;)) explaining how to do stuff, it's just crap like this.

I'm better with a hammer and a spanner than an intricate, sh!tty instructioned thing like this!

Not the man to call when the MFI flat-pack arrives then? :D