The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best trolley jack for Supra

Josh

Mine isn't long reach or low profile but I can jack up the rear under the diff just fine. Although I have to lie on my back and position the bar between the exhaust and fuel tank area and just move it more :). A 2 tonne is just fine.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went with the sealey 2500LE. Not tried it yet but it fits very well underneath my veilside skirts. Seems like a good bit of kit but it is very heavy. Be prepared for a bit of weight if you buy a proper jack lol.

Ahhh, £5.95 is a bit better! Well done Scott. Probably the same jack.

The one I linked is in N.I. so that explains the shipping.

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

I went with the sealey 2500LE. Not tried it yet but it fits very well underneath my veilside skirts. Seems like a good bit of kit but it is very heavy. Be prepared for a bit of weight if you buy a proper jack lol.

Did you slide it under the car but not jack it up?? Weirdo lol.

Edit: Scott, does that one have knotches on the face of the part that comes in contact with the car, or is it a flat even surface? I dont like the knotched ones as i feel it puts alot of force on such small area's.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

ive got this jack lifts the supra no problem and my T5

http://www.k300performance.co.uk/michelin-racing-jack.php

the air freshner should be exactly 4.5cm from the mirror, and smell of roses

This one from B&Q looks exactly the same but without the Michelin stickers and it's half the price!!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11377527&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372016}/categories%3C{9372052}/categories%3C{9672013}/specificationsProductType=trolley___car_jacks (it really is a link)

It's all down to the branding Josh. Same as mine. Can't remember what I paid. Well over a tonne.

It's all down to the branding Josh. Same as mine. Can't remember what I paid. Well over a tonne.

Sweet as! It doesn't say what load it can take though.

Off to B&Q to find out! May even do some doughnuts in the car park to celebrate. Show off to the laaaadies like!

Nice link Josh, i've got a B&Q down the road from me, might be worth a nose.

Off to B&Q to find out! May even do some doughnuts in the car park to celebrate. Show off to the laaaadies like!

2 tonnes capacity. Creaks a bit but does the job. Very light too compared to an equivalent steel one.

Anyway, you'd be just as well off with this kit http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&isYmal=true&fh_search=0000005270026

I still would have jacked it up, but i'm anal haha. I've edited my post with a Q Scott if you didnt see it.

It has the notches but the plate is fairly big, a good 4" dia IIRC. The notches, I believe, are for grip as well as access. If you had a flat face the jack would movie easier when under load... clearly not good.

It has the notches but the plate is fairly big, a good 4" dia IIRC. The notches, I believe, are for grip as well as access. If you had a flat face the jack would movie easier when under load... clearly not good.

With all the weight down on the flat surface, i wouldnt have thought it would move easily, i would have thought it would be more likely to move at the base? I just dont feel comefortable having those notches as all that weight is sitting on those little surface areas. Plus, those notches seem to peel back the underseal.

Off to B&Q to find out! May even do some doughnuts in the car park to celebrate. Hit a kerb and plough straight into a bus queue and get shot by a police marksman like!

Yeah, great idea Josh! :D

With all the weight down on the flat surface, i wouldnt have thought it would move easily, i would have thought it would be more likely to move at the base? I just dont feel comefortable having those notches as all that weight is sitting on those little surface areas. Plus, those notches seem to peel back the underseal.

The Aluminium jack has a rubber infill btw. ;)

Nothing to stop you making one, but you're right. They do a lot of damage. I stick a block of pine on top so it digs in if I use the steel jack. Also, some triangular blocks of wood as wheel stops. The steel ones slip easily but if you kick softwood ones a few times they bite the ground.

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

As above, I tend to use a thin bit of pine. I don't like using the jack on the runners anyway so I tend to jack up the chassis rail. Having a rubber insert is far better than a metal one as there is a serious lack of friction there.

I'm actually going to look for a bit of really firm rubber that sits about 5mm over the top of the crown, that way it will take a lot of the force while allowing fantastic grip.

I also have the stock chock block that I use.

The B&Q one is only 1 tonne. Going to buy a 3 tonne one from there now. It's £90 but seems pretty good and starts off at 15cm so will fit under.

I'll be using axle stands too so it'll be ok :)

15cm? That's a whale lol. The one I recommended at £90 starts at 8.5cm, goes up to 48ishcm and handles 2.5ton.

The one that Chris recommended is even better, due to the height it goes to, so it doesn't make sense to go for a B&Q unbranded.

I'm actually going to look for a bit of really firm rubber that sits about 5mm over the top of the crown, that way it will take a lot of the force while allowing fantastic grip.

I also have the stock chock block that I use.

How about a piece or three of carpet tile? They have a tough rubbery backing.