The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you run a T67DBB on a stock block?

Jellybean

Dude, Nice

Anybody I seen go single so far as pretty much changed all the major componets on the engine (intake, cams , TB) I just taught it was a requirement

Didnt think you would get away with such a large turbo like a T67 on mainly stock items

I believe there are plenty of cars in the states running 9's on stock inlets, but not cams !!

To be honest, I did my research

Jamsey, Ricky, JamieP , and Ians analysis of a T67 vs T67DBB on Supra Forums. All these setups run above and beyond stock componets (cams, intakes, TB's). I got good feedback off here from Homer/Dan, Dude and Jamsey on email about there setups, which is a similar root I want to take and upgrade with intake at a later stage. Even parsing through all these threads, I an's analysis for example awas back in 2004 and I am sure turbo technology has progressed hughly since then.

Its good to get peoples taughts on if a T67DBB is the route to go with the latest turbos out. That you cannot get from reading up on threads created back in 2004.

I did talk to the company I am getting to build it but just wanted to double check here. I dont see the problem, if it bothers you then dont post.

Edited by Steve
Tidy Up (see edit history)

I believe there are plenty of cars in the states running 9's on stock inlets, but not cams !!

Very interesting thanks, single setup vary so much I am yet to come across a setup with just a turbo bolted on ;) Maybe people just dont bother posting them up

Over the years I , if here or supraforums I just keep seeing 600 is the recommended max on a stock engine's components. Just came to the conclusion people who run over this have a very limited run before a re-build but Homer 5 years on has put that to rest

Last thing I want to do is put a T67DBB on and find out your engine wil need a re-build in a few months

Very interesting thanks, single setup vary so much I am yet to come across a setup with just a turbo bolted on ;) Maybe people just dont bother posting them up

When I first built mine it was exactly that, only mods were ECU, fuel pump, exhaust with decats, CW SMIC and turbo kit, the rest has slowly been done over time ;)

Bit harsh there Scott. Its a valid question and altho may have been answered in the past its always nice to get confirmation on your own specific question.

It's ok, Scott's just an angry person due to the lack of attractive women in Scotland :D

Anyway, 600 is fine, I'm planning on running 550-600 on a stock block with a Boost Logic setup, I was speaking to the guy's at Boost Logic about it all and they were very helpfull on what you need/don't need and different mods, definetly worth having a chat with them..

It's ok, Scott's just an angry person due to the lack of attractive women in Scotland :D

I take it you've never been to Edinburgh? :)

Anyway, 600 is fine, I'm planning on running 550-600 on a stock block with a Boost Logic setup, I was speaking to the guy's at Boost Logic about it all and they were very helpfull on what you need/don't need and different mods, definetly worth having a chat with them..

If going to the expense of going single, it's probably worth having the head lifted and the block inspected, or a compression test at the very least. Plus a myriad of other things.

I take it you've never been to Edinburgh? :)

Naa, it was in reference to someone on here, can't remember who it was but they actually believed that Scottish people were more angry due to less attractive women :D

If going to the expense of going single, it's probably worth having the head lifted and the block inspected, or a compression test at the very least. Plus a myriad of other things.

Will be testing the compression once I've put the engine back together, just waiting on my VSS's to arrive so I can replace them and put it all back together.

Questions you need to know the answer to...

What is your power goal?

What is your budget?

Who is doing the work?

Once you know the answer to those 3, ask the person who is doing the work what they think would be the best ideas then ask on here for confirmation, advice on the build etc.

I had all those Q's answered before I started the thread; the simplcity of the Q is to compare what I was told is accurate to members experiences/advice

But I keep on getting one member spamming my thread

When I first built mine it was exactly that, only mods were ECU, fuel pump, exhaust with decats, CW SMIC and turbo kit, the rest has slowly been done over time ;)

Thanks very helpful; I have teh Sard Arouse exhaust(I presume most aftermarkets are 3 inch) but she runs twin back boxes underneath for DB levels (well below 90db)

If she is 3", I presume this is min required for a single; can I retain the box. I am not big into a loud exhaust maybe If I am required to change it I could use the Apexi Exhaust Valve

How would you get her through the MOT for DB levels?

I put ~570bhp through a triple box 2 7/8" exhaust at 1.6bar on the 67DBB and it was very quiet, so you'll probably be fine for a while on that exhaust mate.

I'd make sure you spend money wisely on the best ECU, injectors, plugs and mapper you can find - that's what will keep the engine safe. I'd stick a single Bosch 044 pump in the tank and use the stock line to the fuel filter and the stock return from whatever FPR you run. Make up some dash 6 lines to feed your new fuel rail from both ends and then call it good. That'll see you through OK for low 600s anyway.

I put ~570bhp through a triple box 2 7/8" exhaust at 1.6bar on the 67DBB and it was very quiet, so you'll probably be fine for a while on that exhaust mate.

I'd make sure you spend money wisely on the best ECU, injectors, plugs and mapper you can find - that's what will keep the engine safe. I'd stick a single Bosch 044 pump in the tank and use the stock line to the fuel filter and the stock return from whatever FPR you run. Make up some dash 6 lines to feed your new fuel rail from both ends and then call it good. That'll see you through OK for low 600s anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation dan; great to get real world feedback. The odd time I would like a 90+ db exhaust but 90% of the time its nice to hear yourself. I did change the exhaust before on my previous car and after 2 weeks, I hated it. Plus the police over here target you if it is above your normal DB. The exhaust where they hear you before they see you

My only prerequisites so far are

• Ryan G and his Solaris S6GP -- just waiting to hear about the plug and play unit
  • Whifbitz twin waste-gate kit -- Still between two minds for an external or plumbed-in wastegate
  • Bosch 044 pump -- Want to keep it simple rather than running twin Walbro's

I want to stay under the radar, I dont have any negative alterations with the police but if she is very loud constantly, you will get your colar felt. Suddenly your 5mph over the speedlimit threshold will disolve and you will be a target( by any means to get you off the road). I would like to stay under the radar, they only approach me to look at the car becasue they are interested in what it is; woud like to keep it that way

Edited by Jellybean
forgot to add the Bosch 044 pump (see edit history)

My single build is under way at the moment I've pieced everything together myself though but it's a turbonetics hp-70 turbo on a whifbitz manifold, have uprated the injectors rail, lines, ecu (power fc), keeping the stock intake as for cams the car has some custom reprofiled cams in so I'm sticking with those.

So stock block with uprated cams, 70mm bb turbo, uprated fuelling and I'm hoping for around 600. It gets mapped on the 11th june so you keep on eye out for the dyno thread to see what it produces as it's reasonably close to what you're asking about I think

Well im shooting for 650 fingers crossed once Lee has finished, i'll stay at that until 1 - I can afford to do more, 2 - Or i break something.

Solaris

800cc

Precision T67

Greddy Plenum

Bosch 044

HKS 256/264 Cams

Pretty much the main components in my build, Lee has added in little more safety bits. :D So we'll see how long it lasts with me caining the life out of it. :D

My single build is under way at the moment I've pieced everything together myself though but it's a turbonetics hp-70 turbo on a whifbitz manifold, have uprated the injectors rail, lines, ecu (power fc), keeping the stock intake as for cams the car has some custom reprofiled cams in so I'm sticking with those.

So stock block with uprated cams, 70mm bb turbo, uprated fuelling and I'm hoping for around 600. It gets mapped on the 11th june so you keep on eye out for the dyno thread to see what it produces as it's reasonably close to what you're asking about I think

And where is your build thread fella? Did Jurgen's guys get the manifold sorted in the end?

And where is your build thread fella? Did Jurgen's guys get the manifold sorted in the end?

I'm not doing the build so it's up to jurgen if he wants to make a project thread really.

I'm assuming they have as I've not had a phone call saying it doesn't fit and I haven't had time to pop down - exams!