The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geometry Setup - Scotland

AlliRR

Cool, looking forward to it, cheers for the recommendation. Think Raz was talking about him too at the meet I was at, at the start of the year :D

I was talking to the owner of the caffe I'm in, turns out he had a shop round from me about 5 years ago so we recognised each other. He was saying Kenneth is known round here to be really good and prob gets good trade in his caffe from people waiting on cars! :)

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Wow...you not bored of sitting in that cafe!? If they get so much trade from folk in at Kenny they should set up a gaming area with PS3 or something!lol! They could charge for it ontop of the money they get for food and drink!

Suggest it so it may be there the day I go up to see Kenny about my car!:D

Haha yeah a ps3 would be great the now as my phone is at 31%

I left the caffe after 12 and spent an hour in the garage reception and an hour in burger king for lunch.

I don't mind though, cause every stop I make, I make a new friend.... Like this guy lol

Kenny was saying the camber and tracking were out by miles. He said there were 3 degrees of negative camber on the back, which he said was even more than you would want at knockhill.

He assures me that the car will feel a lot better when I get it back so looks like it will have been worth my visit. This from a car that felt great on the rd to be honest, so for anyone reading, it's hard to tell of your wondering about yours.

I'll put up before and after numbers if I get them

Kenny was saying the camber and tracking were out by miles. He said there were 3 degrees of negative camber on the back, which he said was even more than you would want at knockhill.

He assures me that the car will feel a lot better when I get it back so looks like it will have been worth my visit. This from a car that felt great on the rd to be honest, so for anyone reading, it's hard to tell of your wondering about yours.

I'll put up before and after numbers if I get them

Please do, looking for numbers !!!

Ok so that's me home. Got away after 4.30 so after getting there at 9am I was there for 7 1/2 hours.

It cost me £196 all in.

Not really complaining, he only charged me 4 hours labour and they were on it for at least 5-6 hours.

He also said to come back in a week to check everything had settled and was still as it should be (something about the type of suspension I have was the reason)- he isn't intending on charging me for this, so it's cracking service.

There were a few issues with the way the car was set up when I brought it in;

-seized bolts (took forever to get them off)

- negative camber was too aggressive

-car was crabbing as the alignment was out

-Also the toe was in at the rear and out at the front

Pretty shocking to find all this out. As promised, I'll put the figures up later on

Car is so quiet now

I'll have to pop in and book mine for this then. Sounds like fantastic service from you and all the lads

I'd give him a phone and make an appointment as he is about a week behind the now.

Car feels great. It was putting the power down in wet corners where I would have previously been too scared to do so. Not saying it makes you drive like a maniac, but this getting done combined with the new rear rubber makes a really big difference and it gives you more confidence

I had mine done 3 weeks ago but was only slightly out on the front that was i was quite impressed as he said it was set up for fast road already haha! Must have been looked after before i got my hands on it. Credit to SimonT the previous owner the car was in for about two hours made an adjustment to my steering wheel to straighten it up even gave me an advisory for a slight bit of play in a rear wheel bearing. Guy certainly knows his stuff thats for sure.

Kenny did my car about a year ago now and it totally changed the car. Got to know Kenny really well now and done a few jobs for him, he does know his stuff.

Will be heading back over when my new suspension arrives at his place to get it all done again.