The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Vs UK number plate

KamaSupra

UK plate looks better IMO. I drove mine for about 30k miles without a front plate at all, only got stopped once for it which needed rectification note from an MOT centre. Que friendly MOT centre ;) These days I just use a front plate but it's just a bog standard looking supra so don't mind it at all.

Here was mine!

Can't remember the exact size but it was small! Never got stopped for them either

That's because you never drove it mate :D

UK plate looks better IMO. I drove mine for about 30k miles without a front plate at all, only got stopped once for it which needed rectification note from an MOT centre. Que friendly MOT centre ;) These days I just use a front plate but it's just a bog standard looking supra so don't mind it at all.

That's because you never drove it mate :D

:p

Also agreed, drove half the time I owned it without a front plate, never got stopped then either!

If you don't have a front plate and you get pulled by the police, what excuse can you have for having no front number plate? It looks cool without one? It fell off? :D

"Oh sorry, I hadn't noticed. It must have fallen off due to just being stuck on. I'll get a replacement ASAP".

That would work I'd have thought..

So if no plate, say it fell off and do a sad puppy face to really make sure they don't get too angry.... Gotcha :)

You can blow them a kiss too if they look like they'd appreciate it :innocent:

I personally wouldn't risk it so UK plate is what I'd go for.

You can blow them a kiss too if they look like they'd appreciate it :innocent:

I personally wouldn't risk it so UK plate is what I'd go for.

If it was a good looking policewoman I could blow her a kiss, but I'd probably get in more trouble for that than for having no plates :D UK is definitely the safer option if I don't want pulled over and having the car looked over for anything else that is wrong. And judging by the comments a UK plate wins hands down, think I only saw one comment saying they liked the Jap plate :D

And remember folks:

No plate means a rectification notice (you cannot be fined or endorsed for it)

Small plate is a fine and posible endorsement (if they wish)

I was fined for having no plate on the front?

ps

I did receive a larger fine for having a small plate there :D

Well the UK plate is definetly going on the car, because earlier when I drove my car out of the garage I knocked over the Jap plate (Which was resting against the garage wall) And I drove over it, putting a crack down one side :D Well at least I'm now sorted on which plate to have on my car :)