The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mpg tt auto

Guest tanabe

In my opinion there is no way a Supra will ever do 40+ mpg - never. Unless its running stupidly lean and even then (and i`m no expert on fueling) the engine probably wouldnt even run to pump that little fuel in!

I drove my old one through France and at 80-100mph over a long journey of all toll rolls over there it averaged 32mpg, hardly any boost used.

Town for current car taking it steady with occasional blast was 19mpg and on my way home from picking her up (motorway) when i was taking it steady was around 28mpg.

Its had the wrong plugs in so i guess i might see a small increase in efficiency now as well.

TT - BPU.

I disagree with the "if you have to ask you can't afford it" comments. This sums up why:

Post 15

To the OP: mpg has been discussed lots of times. The search button is your friend. :)

Agree mate - its worth dicussing and asking as compare the MPG on a run you get in a Supra (30-35mpg) to that of a 3litre BMW.....

I disagree with the "if you have to ask you can't afford it" comments. This sums up why:

Post 15

To the OP: mpg has been discussed lots of times. The search button is your friend. :)

Totally agree with that, I hate that comment.

My TT auto does about 23-24mpg when i drive carefully and off boost as much as possible, and 18-20mpg when I have the occassional sprint ;)