The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra (NA Auto) Unmolested FACELIFT Model (1996) **NOW REDUCED TO £2,295**

Mike

Blimin heck! I can't remember if you said - are you on pistonheads with your ad? First place Michael found a buyer from....

I was, and then I wasn't.. and then I've tried eBay and the local papers at home. It's going nowhere fast.

If I'd have known the car would be such a hard sell I would have skimped on everything it needed doing to it.. can't help but think I've sunk a ton of money into it to make sure everything is 'tip top', and to be honest no-one gives a toss unless it has a big plastic kit on it and huge wheels!?

I should have saved the money on the services/up-keep and just bought a body kit.

You live and learn.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I mentioned Pistonheads because it's a target audience, rather than someone who knows nothing of the cars.

I still think there must be people out there looking for a clean, well maintained example - despite all the chavved up ones floating around. :)

That's why I mentioned Pistonheads because it's a target audience, rather than someone who knows nothing of the cars.

I still think there must be people out there looking for a clean, well maintained example - despite all the chavved up ones floating around. :)

The thing that gets me is the chavved up ones seem to sell really quickly!?

You're right.. target market etc. :(

It's a great example! And as it's stock there's plenty of potential for anyone who bought it! Hope it sells!

Thanks bud :)

It's doing my head in to think what's putting people off!? I've re-read the a ton of times, checked all the photos to see if I've picked up something odd that might be putting people off!? I can't think of anything??

She runs like an absolute dream... if I didn't now live in E1 I'd still be driving her!?

I keep getting offers of

Hang in there mate Its a lovley clean car. The market really is poor she will sell. I would have bought this but I got mine just before this came on the market. If i was looking for one again I would buy a good quality car with lots of history like this and kit this one out. I cannot believe you still have this.

Just curious, what mileage do you get on a NA auto?

cheers

It varies massively dependant on how you drive it and urban/motorway.

Around town you would probably get around 22-24mpg driving sensibly, and 18-19 if you're not :p

On the motorway (I've driven it from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough a few times, 330 each way) you'd get >30 miles to the gallon.. again, providing you're within normal speeds and not risking your license!

All in all it's pretty good.. before I had the Supra I had a 1.6 Astra, and I didn't feel too much pain going from that to the Supra... I think people just assume that because it's a 3 litre engine the fuel costs would be horrendous. Unless you've modded it to drink more, they’re not actually too bad :)

Hang in there mate Its a lovley clean car. The market really is poor she will sell. I would have bought this but I got mine just before this came on the market. If i was looking for one again I would buy a good quality car with lots of history like this and kit this one out. I cannot believe you still have this.

Thanks bud... it's just so frustrating! :blink:

This is the exact car i want. A completely standard Supra!

I would like to arrange a viewing with you when you are free. pm me when you can do it.

Thanks.

I just sent you a PM - give me a call to arrange a viewing :)

Guest foxy-stoat

Wait for the barrage of "offers" with the best offer bit....I had my MR2V6 on the e-bay and the lowest offer I got was £10...JOKE!!!!

Good luck with it, if my MR2 sells I may fire you a PM ;)

Yet another Bumpski! :D

I've had a stack of enquiries and a few mentions of coming to see the car this weekend... but it is still available and no-one has actually put any money in my hand for it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.