The mkiv Supra Owners Club

next gen led halo headlights and refurb

Guest blueangel

This has been mentioned, and it worked when i tried it with one headlight. There is an L-shaped rubber bit sticking out the back of the headlight, inside theres a piece of plastic with lots of grooves on it...pull it out and it will allow the light to breathe. This takes blooming ages though mind. The way i did it was, take the headlight out, all the bulbs etc, and just keep it in the house (Room temperature) for a day or two...mist/heavy clouding cleared up and touch wood, put it back on the car with the rubber boot removed, and it has not come back since!

As long as they are sealed properly, it should work.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how we forget http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?85256-front-fog-light-indicator-conversion&highlight=front+fog+indicators

plus I thought making your car look like an Audi or Bemmer was naff? or have opinions changed ...yet again Time was when people thought Halo/Angel Eyes or DRL on a Supra where big no nos

I don't understand, why did you post that link?

Yes I think angel eye's are chavvy if you are just putting them on for looks, but I ain't putting them on for looks, I'm putting them on so that the vents in the front bumper become even bigger and I can get even more air into the cold air feed and coolers that lie behind. I will most likely NEVER run the angel eyes by themselves, so when they are off they will look just like the facelift rings.

PS, you will also find that when I make comments on peoples cars, if the car has large power, or has had a lot of work donw by the guy himself (two things that I rate very highly when looking at others cars) I have a greater tolerance of letting things go that I would otherwise pull to bits on cars that I have no respect for :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

I don't understand, why did you post that link?

Yes I think angel eye's are chavvy if you are just putting them on for looks, but I ain't putting them on for looks, I'm putting them on so that the vents in the front bumper become even bigger and I can get even more air into the cold air feed and coolers that lie behind. I will most likely NEVER run the angel eyes by themselves, so when they are off they will look just like the facelift rings.

PS, you will also find that when I make comments on peoples cars, if the car has large power, or has had a lot of work donw by the guy himself (two things that I rate very highly when looking at others cars) I have a greater tolerance of letting things go that I would otherwise pull to bits on cars that I have no respect for :)

I posted that link because it is about moving the indicators to replace the fog lights(or in the same place). Using LEDs or ordinary bulbs the principle is the same to me!

So your saying that fitting Angel eyes is OK if you want to remove the original indicators to allow more cold air in - but just to look different is Chav?

Bit two faced to me as it will still look like a BMW (as they were the first to use them)whether you justify it as a power upgrade or a styling exercise.

Look back at all the past trends - if you fit scissor doors to your car but because Lamborghini did it first your trying to make your car like a Lamborghini? or having rear lamps like a Lexus is just copying? and then there are the BMW M3/5 mirrors, Mercedes style repeaters in the door mirrors etc...do I need to go on?

People all want to stand out and have their cars look different but seems if one does it it then its pure chav but if someone else does it and gives a (valid) reason then its not? Why have every car looking the same as the other and not be able to personalise it? and if you choose a mod that finds disfavour with some, the label Chav is given?

By your remark in your PS I take it then that if someone who can do it themselves can do things you accept/tolerate things but if the poor sod with limited skills who has paid someone to do it (right) then they get condemned as Chavvy?

Oh what a cruel world we live it:rolleyes:

For the record I like Angel eyes,Lexus lamps M3 mirrors etc but whether I would use any/all of them on one car is unlikely as some things go and others dont and I say live and let live - if they like it then its their car and they can do anything they want without getting call a chav.

Jay,

If you went with non facelift lights (painted black or whatever colour you wanted or just left shiney) you could wire straight to the integral sidelight in the headlight unit and then put an orange bulb in the fog light area and wire that to your indicator loom. That would free up your sidepod areas without butchering anything. Just a thought.....

Jay,

If you went with non facelift lights (painted black or whatever colour you wanted or just left shiney) you could wire straight to the integral sidelight in the headlight unit and then put an orange bulb in the fog light area and wire that to your indicator loom. That would free up your sidepod areas without butchering anything. Just a thought.....

This is what I was thinking. That would be a perfect simple solution, as no messing about with the headlights required. :)

Jay,

I dunno, I don't like the idea of removing the facelift lights, i think its because they're more desirable, and it would look like the car was trying to be a facelift copy

Guest blueangel

they look the nuts dude complete facelift nice motor too, ive got a little something else in the pipeline to continue the facelift when i get to it ill send ya pix

Oh wicked! How much does this conversion cost?

I'm not 100% sure mate as have been buying alot of bits & pieces lately. Best bet is to PM Ric (he started this thread) & ask. He can do the facelift conversion & LEDs or either one buy them self. He also does the solid halo rings like the BMW but i just thought this looked more upto date.