The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boostlogic t61 kit any good ?

TRD DAN

The HKS Turbo Setup Kit includes the downpipe, it basically includes everything for the turbo install except the turbo.

The kit also plumbs the wastegate back into the downpipe, unlike most other kits that exhaust the wastegate out of a screamer pipe, which is a lot cheaper/easier to fabricate. Some prefer the sound of the screamer pipe - imagine a 3L engine with an exhaust pipe 6" long at 6K+ rpm - they can sound good but are extremely noisy and can attract a lot of unwanted attention. If I was doing a build now I'd personally prefer the wastegate plumbed into the downpipe.

Pic of the HKS T04Z Kit

Thanks Nic...That makes things better... I would definitely what the screamer plumbed back into the exhaust, with the decat and exhaust it is already loud enough..

Is there anything else I should consider Nic, just incase I have forgotten anything?