Toyota Sprint Series 2011 - General Banter

AlexM

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems my second driver has dropped out on me, which messes up my expected costs somewhat.

I'll probably do Round 1 in Class C Pro, then take the NA off the road and run my daily for a few rounds in A3/A2 Street..

Anyone after a new project car? ;)

Possibly, but I'm going to do what I should have done in the first place - concentrate on getting the TT6 ready.

In the mean time I need to find a more suitable seat for my daily. Something as comfortable as stock but lower and with more hold.. going to be a fun search!

How about some stock recaros?

I've got some, with stock rails I have to recline the seat right back just to get in there with a helmet on - need something quite a bit lower. I didn't find the seats overly comfortable either unfortunately. :(

2nd driver?

You can run multiple drivers in the same car in the sprint series, I'd planned on doing that and cost sharing with someone else. Last year 3 drivers were competing in one car!

I've got some, with stock rails I have to recline the seat right back just to get in there with a helmet on - need something quite a bit lower. I didn't find the seats overly comfortable either unfortunately. :(

Have a chat with John as he was looking to borrow someones car to make some low sitting rails and giving a set away as a thank you :thumbs:

You can run multiple drivers in the same car in the sprint series, I'd planned on doing that and cost sharing with someone else. Last year 3 drivers were competing in one car!

I see.

Have a chat with John as he was looking to borrow someones car to make some low sitting rails and giving a set away as a thank you :thumbs:

Is this John as in 'johnd-mkiv'? I think that was for low brackets for use with sidemount seats.. do reclining sidemount seats exist?

I see.

Fancy having a go? ;) Round 1 on Sunday!

With the news that Craig is lighter than I am (and running a more powerful car) my first aim this year is to get under the weight of 95Kg + a double cheeseburger. To do this I have purchased a brand new skipping rope and my first skipping session attempt will be at 5:15 this evening (I have never skipped before..).

First aim achieved, I am now 94kg!

I'm going to be running a heavier car after Round 1 though, so I'll keep going.. :D

the exhaust is my problem or id be there. cant afford a replacement and to get a silencer put in doesnt seem to be very cost effective.

http://www.motorstoday.co.uk/details.aspx?position=8&motorids=274684412,275712650,276179691,274872764,274967894,276894647,276912969,276912777,276820694,276820651,212175475&totalpages=2&sourcepage=results.aspx&searchguid=3311af38-2a11-4600-9750-387c0ccff787

huuuum.....

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

An exhaust doesn't cost £1,700 dude. ;)