The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krisso NA-T Polish project

krisso_pl

Only just seen you updated this krisso.

My shopping list is gathering slowly to see you actually making progress is good news i am jealous!! Have you got any transmission upgrades ready?

I think you should try and run the stock intake and then swap it for a FFIM and see if you have a difference. I feel if you do a run without stock intake, you may not notice the fact you have potientially more power. try and run a stock intake and compare the two IMO as there are a wide range of opinions on intake for the GE.

I nearly went with BC's how do you feel the ride is? I have HSD's and their bone shakers!

gixer what did you run wheel horsepower?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the replys! Gixer, thanks very much! I will use those blanked off fittings! Maybe anybody here can tell me which one is the feed?

To the return - I will install custom made flange in the sump.

Noz - I will be replacing rear end for the TT one, need new clutch but nothing done to the trans itself. We will try to build some HP and will see how it works. If it fall, next step will be R154 I think.

To the suspension - its great! Car feels much more firm, rides fine and its really good on the bumps. Its hard but but not too hard. Much more comfortable then on KYB AGX with Eibach springs which I had some time ago.

This FFIM is better then the stock one but we need to figure out how to install it properly. Still dont know how to move the power steering reservoir.

On supraforums, someone told me that only needed vacuum lines that need to be connected to the IM are:

1) vacuum hose from intake manifold to heater vsv.

2) Brake booster

3) FPR

now I have to figure out how they look like and get them connected.

Anybody here with detailed diagram of vacuum hoses and engine electrical connections? I want to delete cruise cables, cut and extend some cables.

Ok guys - another day of work done to the car and tons of questions.

First of all - the exhaust manifold is almost done, looks beautiful, really top work - I will post pics later...

Today another package arrived and after few minutes of cleaning...

Now, the big portion of pics with questions:

1) At the bottom of my new FFIM there is something like that, any ideas what is it for and what should be connected here? Maybe its for the EGR and now should be capped of?

2) These are vacuum outputs from FFIM and line from brake booster - do I need to connected it somehow to the manifold?

3) What the hell is that thing? It was right under the oem intake manifold. One connector was connected to it, like in the picture, and another one (right upper corner) was connected to the manifold. Are those the elements of the EGR system?

4) What are those for? EGR to?

If these are the parts of the EGR system - what do I have to do with them. All of the DIY show that I have to install block of plates, install resistor to the main sensor (one below?) and I can delete all the hoses, but non of it say about any other connectors..?

5) I have deleted cruise control unit and there is connector left, do I have to do anything with it?

6) Below you can see a place where charcoal canister used to sit. There is a line that goes thru the fender and it should be the line from the tank... one line I have deleted... but you can see a third line and it goes under the engine and than under the car - what is it? DYI says that I can delete 2 lines that goes to the canister from side and leave the one below that goes to the tank.

And now, something special - exhaust manifold almost done :D

imageimage

DUDE! that manifold is the sex. where did you get it made to? im loving that!!

little bump to help on the questions as ive no idea on the answers. i would assume the cruise control would not require to be linked anywhere at a guess.

Worra lorra questions. :think:

1. ICV I think. Maybe you will need a T.T. ICV casting to go on there?

2. Yes.

3. You wont be needing the vacuum tank, hoses or actuators that plug into it, remove all.

4. Vacuum actuators, see '3'.

5. Just tape it back to loom.

6. Charcoal cannister see link below.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?203434-charcoal-canistr-removal/page2&p=2942339&highlight=charcoal%20canister%20removal#post2942339

With that little lot out of the way, the dog should be able to see the rabbit. :thumbs:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

David - thanks for the g8 answers!

Noz - steering res stays in its place - we're going to reweld it outputs to other side and the reservoir itself shouldnt be a problem anymore.

To the EGR connectors - so I have to put resistor to the main sensor connector and the rest of the connectors (all those actuators) I can just tape up to the loom?

To the oval spot in the manifold - anybody here with the picture of the TT ICV casting? NA one is to small. Ive read somewhere that I can run the car without ICV connected, is that true?

Can't find a snap of T.T. ICV mount, here's one with it's feet cut off and welded onto supercharger induction elbow.

Second snap, T.T. PAS res on N/A.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138195[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]138194[/ATTACH]

hmm,Im not around my car right now, but need a closer look in that ICV mounting. Maybe I can just weld some bracket to fit in that spot for TT casting.

To the power steering res - YES! Thats what I want to do but dont know how. Ive searched clubna-t, supraforums etc and nothing. I dont know how am I supposed to unbolt the reservoir from the pump. If I can figure it out, I would weld a fitting in the pump and in the res and just run a hose where I want.

Any ideas?

Undo 3 x 10mm bolts and pull it out. meercat.jpg

confucius.jpg N/A and T.T. pump is same.

Fit T.T. tank, top hose and single-bolt O-ring tail, all O.E. fixings. meercat.jpg

Bob's your uncle. :thumbs:

Look for pic of a T.T. engine that shows the ICV mount casting to see if that's what you need. :lame:

:think: There must be Ooooodles of them on here. :search:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Ok...

To sum up some things:

Here is my NA ICV and flange in manifold. Im going to reweld the flange to make it fit ok. But now, technical question - I just mount it there, fit a small KN filter on it, connect it and thats all...? How the hell is it working?

This is NA TPS vs Q45 TPS. Im trying to somehow mount my NA TPS to the Q45 throttle body coz I think it will couse less problems, am I right?

Or maybe I have to somehow connect Nissan TPS... ?

This arrived from Mocal today, so I think the problem with oil feed is solved.

I think you may find the Q45 TPS works the other way around, that's why I suggested the MX6.

I have already answered these Pytania.

Mate, I understand that you are bored with dumb questions but im not asking you to tell me which TPS to choose (I will try both ways). Main question is about ICV. I dont understand how it works and thats why I dont know if itll be ok if I mount it in the place shown above in the pics.

Pozdrawiam

thats a redirection oil sandwich plate isnt it krisso? would you want `all` your oil flowing to your turbo? isn't that going to slow down total oil flow through the filter due to resistance around the turbo. just wondering as i have this plate for my oil cooler and another freeflowing sandwich plate with freeflow holes to the turbo, just wondering if you think its a calculated benifit and worth considering getting x2 direction plates.