The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1UZ V8 Supercharger drift track fast road Supra mk4 manual JZA80

H7ERO

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work on the car mate!!! I regretted letting her go the second that you started her up!

Now driving a boring Jag.

I'd love to see the car when you have her out on the road again.

P.s. You didn't find my Armani sun gllasses did you???

I can hold it on full lock all day long and i could from the first day i got the car (that was part of the test drive lol)

I can vouch for that.

I see that you have kept the alloys, they are nice and light and just the right size for a proper Supra!;)

So when are you gonna take me on a test drive seeing she's back on the road??

Made its first 'propper' outing today at santa pod for dwyb . . . Im very very happy only some minor things to be fixed otherwise flawless running, and a fast drift car too, much more traction than the mk3, and of course the best sound out there!

brake servo assist hose popped off a couple of times making if feel like brakes had been lost, a bit unnerving when brakeing down from a 3rd gear drift into a reducing radius bend! but an easy fix with better clips which i had with me

slight power steering leek from the cooler . . Man I hate PAS iv actualy spent an equal amount of time fixing it than the whole swap and thats the truth!

Iv got a vid but i filmed it upside down so i need to sort that somehow . . if anyone knows how or can do it pls let me know . . or turn your laptop upside dn or watch it on your phone . .

Ilicos im gonna start charging for test rides! its that good now! but u get one for free!

Edited by H7ERO (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

To get the ride height i wanted i made some coilovers using the bilsetin dampers (which i believe to be some of the best available)

FAUKNER 975lbs springs front 560lbs rear . . (car weighs 1350 on the weigh bridge as the V8 is a fair bit lighter)

and generally arsed about with spacers springs and wheels and tyres for the best part of a month! So much trial and error!

But now shes sitting and riding right with no rubbing, a wider track and the grip to go with it!

Fronts:

Arch rolled and flared ~20mm

Bilstein coilover construtcion - ~60mm

Faukner 975lbs spring

longer wheel studs

18mm hubcentric spacer

8x17 Et24 kakimoto racing split rim

235/45 tyre

Rears:

Arch rolled and flared ~20mm

Bilstein coilover construction -~60mm

Faukner 560lbs spring

30mm bolt on hubcentric spacer

9 x 17 kakimoto raciong split rim

255/40 tyre

Edited by H7ERO (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hey Raj, was great meeting you at the SRR Day, the car sounds amazing! We all stopped & listened when you put it up on the dyno. After hearing it & seeing the performance gains I'd be so tempted to get a Supra & do a V8 conversion! Good luck with your project, keep us updated.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great result on the dyno day , nice to meet you too abz and everyone else there too

I was in a mood at the ace cafe day as my brakes had stopped working so consoled my self with food and didnt come out!

Yes its mated to the standard w58 . . wait till iv finnished my rear suspension and sorted the set up out then it will be a test drive to remember!

Lips not going anywhere!

Every one needs a 1uz supra in their life!

Its the torque curve and the weight + repositioning of the engine that makes it such a sweet drive and fast in all situations, I wish there was a way to show how different this behaves from a jz supra

Wiring was painful . .but straight forward toyota to toyota

• 1 month later...

A last min visit on the friday from seba persuaded me to come to supra pod!

I was up a hired crane re building a barn roof in belgium at the time and the crane had to be back by 5pm . . . and then we had to dash for the tunnle for 10pm friday night!

we missed the train by 4mins, due to some traffic in brussles and elsewhere on the E40, and then uk customs decided to rub it in too . . (another long story!)

Persevering we made it to london at around 1am

Up at 0730 I still had to pack the tyres and tools, luckilly I always keep a set of six rims tyred and ready to be sacrificed at any given time so i just had to throw them in and fuel up.

It turned out to be a good day at the pod and the weather cleared . . I must say i was a bit dissapointed the drift track was so small (but happy there was at a drift track) but none the less a good chance to practice on some tighter lines and techniques . . just not as spectacular as the usual pod set up.

It was nice to meet everyone I did and those i took out for passenger rides . . u just had to come over and ask!

Damn i love my car!

It was too short lived tho in the end . . We had an 8pm train from dover . . that was never going to happen lol! but we put the loud pedal down and got on one at 2130 ! And i kept it down all the way back to maastricht eventually at 2am!,

that was a lot of hard supra driving for one day and just makes you love these cars more and more . . .I wouldnt of wanted anything else for the ride!

Next year I wanna see more people giving it a go in their supras, they love it and drift so good out the box!

And il make more of an effort to help get more people involved

next year im all in in to help organinse and make it easier to give passenger rides etc