The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Tyre Recommendation Thread

ScottC

Falken 452s for me, and have been mightily impressed with them in all conditions of late. Highly recommended, and they are cheap too.

Did you buys yours locally? I've had a few quotes from local dealers and their prices seem quite very high compered to online prices.

Did you buys yours locally? I've had a few quotes from local dealers and their prices seem quite very high compered to online prices.

camskill, blackcircle and mytyres are the ones I normally use, then get them fitted locally by a mate at a garage :D

Anyone know where Vreds are in stock? camskills are £20 less per tyre than anywhere else....which is prob why they are out of stock.
I get mine from Elite Direct in Rainham, well I normally phone then turn up but they tend to be in stock.

In November Vreds were out of stock nearly everwhere I rang. They can't keep up with the demand..!!

H.

There's still some stock left on the web, just don't try and get any of their winter tyres!

http://www.tyresearcher.com/Cheapest_128_245-45-18-_Vredestein-Ultrac-Sessanta-tyre-price.html

FWIW, there are better tyres out there than the FK452 or the Ultrac Sessanta, they're great for the price but if you can stretch to another tenner you could get the Conti Sport Contact 3's which won loads of tests this year.

There's still some stock left on the web, just don't try and get any of their winter tyres!

http://www.tyresearcher.com/Cheapest_128_245-45-18-_Vredestein-Ultrac-Sessanta-tyre-price.html

FWIW, there are better tyres out there than the FK452 or the Ultrac Sessanta, they're great for the price but if you can stretch to another tenner you could get the Conti Sport Contact 3's which won loads of tests this year.

I had Continental Sports on mine when I first had my Supra, though not sure if they were Contract (thread looks familiar), they were utterly useless on the Supra unless it was a good dry day (Even then I was losing traction). In the wet they was horrid to drive, in fact after a scary drive from London to Milton Keynes I changed my tyres straight away even though they had some tread left. Talking about tread, it seemed to go through it like their is no tomorrow, I must have eaten the tyres within 2 months and that wasn't even hard driving.

I had Continental Sports on mine when I first had my Supra, though not sure if they were Contract (thread looks familiar), they were utterly useless on the Supra unless it was a good dry day (Even then I was losing traction). In the wet they was horrid to drive, in fact after a scary drive from London to Milton Keynes I changed my tyres straight away even though they had some tread left. Talking about tread, it seemed to go through it like their is no tomorrow, I must have eaten the tyres within 2 months and that wasn't even hard driving.

If it was a while back, it might have been the original SportContact which weren't the best, the tread pattern hasn't evolved much. It's probably fair to say the current Sport Contacts (3 and 5P) will wear quicker than something like a Pilot Sport, but they grip really well now wet or dry.

I know Supra's eat tyres, but that's good going :)

FWIW, I've FK452's on my MR2 Turbo at the moment, and I ran a set on my 350z too. I didn't really like them on either car when compared to a good premium tyre. They started off great, but at about 50% wear they seem to harden up and go off.