The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Orido Supra 2010

Lude

Only the Japanese could think the word 'Laundry' was a cool fashion statement/icon! :D

Bless!

(Referring to the original video).

What a wucking faste! That must be the real reason for mounting the FMIC like that. It must have absorbed most of the impact! :D

Can I have the Gran Tourismo sun visor?

(Referring to the crash video).

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

Just spotted at the moment the car comes to a halt in the wall, the steering wheel shoots round to the left but the wheels were still pointing right? Without knowing what that dude is saying or knowing just how fast they were going but surely at the last minute, being as experienced as they are, wouldn't you release the brakes and assume the car would shoot off to the right before it hit the dirt. One of those things that only they will know I suppose as we don't know what speed they were doing and if it was possible to at least try something...

It sounds like he was in fifth gear - probably a custom low ratio box - accelerating flat out for around 10 seconds before the back end started to go, so he'll have been doing well over 100mph at that point. Either something broke/wasn't working or he screwed up the entry point/speed into the corner. At that speed a split second would make all the difference and he'd have known instantly he was going off, if he'd tried to steer out of it it would probably have rolled, trying to kill as much speed as possible and going into the wall head on was probably the best option.

i know they are extremely good drivers,

but does anyone else think that 850BHP is a bit too much for drifting?

500 would probably be ample! (im saying that, i woudnt know what the differnece would feel ina car 600BHP to 900BHP)

PS loving them project mu discs :)

i know they are extremely good drivers,

but does anyone else think that 850BHP is a bit too much for drifting?

500 would probably be ample! (im saying that, i woudnt know what the differnece would feel ina car 600BHP to 900BHP)

PS loving them project mu discs :)

Proper pro cometition cars are usually over 650hp minimum. The more power the easier they break traction and the more speed they can get pre-corner to keep the drift going ;)

• 3 weeks later...