The mkiv Supra Owners Club

waste of an engine?

TransitVanMan

i'm gonna put a 2JZGTE in my Transit van:d

what do you guys think???

waste of a good engine :innocent:or nice idea:cool:

would be something different I guess but how the hell would you fit it in ?? Would you have to put in the back on a space frame ?? Surely the engine bay is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small for a 2jz.

I take it this is a very old Transit? I cant see how a FWD transit would fit a 2JZ

My thoughts exactly.....cant see how that would work ?

To the OP, why exactly are you wanting to do this ? Do you have an old 2J lying around and a spare transit, do you currently drive the transit and need a new engine ? Why would you want to do this ?

Mid mounted with a transaxle, yes. Here's a nice transaxle for it: http://www.motorsportads.com/car-parts/transmission/20759.html

Jury rigged in the front with a hammer and scaffold tube, with a stock rear axle and stock axle location, no, a total waste of an engine ;)

In fact, add transaxle above with engine below and you could have something that kept at least part of the Ford heritage:

http://www.motorsportads.com/car-parts/engines/20760.html

albeit one costing getting well on for £100K :)

No idea, it isn't mine, unfortunately :( I just saw the ad yesterday. Probably one of these, they made loads of them, could even be an XJR-14 jaguar engine with Ford cam covers.

1991:

Ford HB series IV: Jordan

Ford HB series V and VI: Benetton

1992:

Ford HB series V: Fondmetal, Lotus

Ford HB series VI: Benetton

1993:

Ford HB series VI: Lotus, Minardi

Ford HB series VII: McLaren (with TAG electronics)

Ford HB series VII and VIII: Benetton

1994:

Ford HB series VI: Simtek

Ford HB series VII and VIII: Arrows. Larrousse, Minardi

The price has dropped £10K anyway:

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=320&products_id=1040

to answer a few questions...... this is actually being done:)

the Transit in question is the grey one in this clip :)

Luke (transitvanman) built both those vans, the white one was the 1st modern shape Transit to have a YB fitted (it's standard in the clip) the grey van his own van has a standard BOA and runs 16second 1/4's - in the clip it ran an 18 as it was in the early stages of development - as for the axle etc. its a modified Dana 60 with LSD (wasn't fitted in the clip) stuff like brakes suspention is all uprated from standard :)

My thoughts exactly.....cant see how that would work ?

To the OP, why exactly are you wanting to do this ? Do you have an old 2J lying around and a spare transit, do you currently drive the transit and need a new engine ? Why would you want to do this ?

Why not!