The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap twin electric fans

David P

And what powers the fans and electric water pump? While you might see some gains, you still have to power the units and that means an alternator will now get the load instead.

Even though this 13 is probably unrealistic. I reckon there will be a slight advantage as the fans won't be running when the car is in flight, so the alternator may not take a hit when it matters? It's all very swings and roundabouts though really.

The only reason I'm interested in elec fan kits is for asthetics. They certainly finish an engine bay off.

Whatever the numbers i'd much rather have the car with its o/e water pump and viscous fan, proven reliability at the expense of a couple of hp.

If its a track car or drag car then fine but for the rd i feel its only worthy reason is possibly cosmetic.

Look forward to seeing the dyno print out, with and without the viscous fan :D

They help improve engine cooling & performance by delivering more air to the radiator and driving out excess heat

I notice on the add it doesn't state the quantity of air the fans flow. They will not flow more air than the stock viscous fan/shroud, so how can they claim they improve engine cooling?

• 2 weeks later...