What would you do?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Nothing and salt it away for the future
    • Keep it standard and use it rarely
    • Keep it standard but use it everyday
    • Make some tasteful upgrades
    • Create the world only 2002 TRD 3400GT

Do you have any specific examples in mind? :) I can't think of any known problems off the top of my head.

Only what I have read on various forums such as breaking cam belt tensioners, soft engine mountings on FLs, weak diffs, soft suspension bushes,rattling tailgates, deteriorated gearshift bushes and flexing bulkheads around the brake master cylinder - those sort of things :rolleyes:

Plus things made of rubber as even though it has only done 5000kms the rubber seals and bushes generally will still be 8 years old and in need of attention ;)

As to other improvements I mean in areas such as brakes and suspension, seats,wheels, better lighting and so on :eyebrows:

I would never, ever, ever spend that sort of money on ANY road car. UK roads are for getting from A to B on these days, hopefully without accident, unpleasant attention from Big Brother, vandalism, theft or a meeting with the Old Bill. This is best done with some worthless old crate that still runs reliably and is worth sod all. Expenditure of anything over 1.5K should only be made on something for dedicated track use :)

So such as Lada Riva's or Skoda Estelle's you mean? would have to have very dark windows I think :eyebrows:

But some members on here have spent twice the cost of this car on their P&Y and are not maybe one of 50 or so made in the last year of production.

Look at those who have recently forked out nearly 50k on the last of the Focus RS's - the RS500, as there will never be any more of its type made.Or those prepared to spend a wad of cash for an RS2 perhaps?

Not everyone can or wants to do track work which personally would be a total waste of money on a car you have to trailer around and better spent on something I could enjoy day to day

Each to their own I suppose :taped:

Only what I have read on various forums such as breaking cam belt tensioners, soft engine mountings on FLs, weak diffs, soft suspension bushes,rattling tailgates, deteriorated gearshift bushes and flexing bulkheads around the brake master cylinder - those sort of things :rolleyes:

Plus things made of rubber as even though it has only done 5000kms the rubber seals and bushes generally will still be 8 years old and in need of attention ;)

As to other improvements I mean in areas such as brakes and suspension, seats,wheels, better lighting and so on :eyebrows:

I guess the brakes can always be improved, fair comment. Suspension's debatable: you can firm it up and lower it, but only if you want to turn it into something it wasn't intended to be, i.e. turn it into a track car when Toyota intended it to be a GT.

I genuinely wasn't aware the cambelt tensioner was a weak point. I'd be interested to hear if the failed ones had been changed according to the servicing schedule.

The diffs are fine for stock power are they?