The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midnight Tunnel Run - Wangan Style

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

messege from mark the organiser --

Well what can I say,

Thanks to everyone that made this happen, In particular Tamsin Greulich (TT2), Ron Henderson (TT2), all the TT2 Staff that braved the elements on the night, Max Boost (NESF), our own little Gizmo (so.com), My Mrs Lesley - Max Boosts Mrs Tracey and there daughter Jade For selling the passes all night, RX Jamie (NEMM), J-M Imports & The GTR Shop

The event had a massive turn out, the Main car park was flooded and the entry point in was to muddy to put cars through, I stood in it and sank around 3”. This caused a little traffic chaos but we did the best with what we had, this meant a longer waiting time than expected which I can only apologise for, however this was totally out of our / TT2’s control

Other than that it seemed like everyone including the tunnel staff enjoyed the night, there was a massive variety of cars on show through out the night, Skylines, Evos, Supras, Scoobys, Starlets, Celicas & many more

The amount raised was just shy of £2,000 im sure with a little nagging I’ll get that up to the £2k mark

It was great to see lots of old faces, and meet plenty of new ones. If I didn’t get the chance to stop and talk sorry.

Some great pictures and videos emerging, keep an eye out for the features in the Total magazines and Banzai

Lastly

THANKYOU!! To all that turned out in the poor weather and stuck your hand in your pocket for this great cause – Metro Radios Cash 4 Kids. I Hope you all enjoyed the run which as far as we can tell is the first closed tunnel run of this type in the United Kingdom. Another first for the Northeast & Skylineowner.com

All the Thank you texts / calls / Forum posts over the last day or so are much appreciated, I’ll keep thinking up new ideas and continue to bring events like this to the Northeast as it’s something we are definitely lacking! Also makes a change from the usual sit in a car park meet lol

Oh and for all that asked I managed to get my run done near 3:30 am lol not bad being there from 10:20 lol