The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone got 500-550bhp auto

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah totally disagree. You want atleast 800hp Rob come on mate lol.

Was it Jamie or Wayne that said to me whilst I was looking at turbos, "go big or go home".

Anyway Jamesy told me you were frightened of the power and he was going to stuff you in a race when he saw you cos your car was no way going to be as good as his. That's what he said Rob Honest, Honest.

Nah totally disagree. You want atleast 800hp Rob come on mate lol.

Was it Jamie or Wayne that said to me whilst I was looking at turbos, "go big or go home".

Anyway Jamesy told me you were frightened of the power and he was going to stuff you in a race when he saw you cos your car was no way going to be as good as his. That's what he said Rob Honest, Honest.

lol :D, thats cool because i love jamesy's car and can admire that, i dont like competition :)

U will need quite a few other bits and bobs for the Na to tt conversion to, but I'm not as clues up with that mate

All an all u sound like your going to have a good usable road car;)

im not clued up either mate but im sure ill get there in the end, srd will prob build it for me im just the parts buyer and collector

im not going na-t no more john, im going to build a single using a tt engine i have.

looking for around 550-600bhp thats more than plenty for me.

One of my turbo kits with the Bullseye S362 turbo would work a treat. We've just fitted one to Ad's auto, Ryan is mapping it tomorrow so you should see the results pretty soon. There are plenty of turbo options around though, Garrett is more expensive but very reliable. Borg Warner have there new range of EFR turbos coming out soon which should be good value as you wont need an external wastegate & blow off valve as the turbo has them built in plus the manifold will be cheaper to as the manufacturing cost is lower. Loads of options available to you....

lol :D, thats cool because i love jamesy's car and can admire that, i dont like competition :)

im not clued up either mate but im sure ill get there in the end, srd will prob build it for me im just the parts buyer and collector

Damn well that never worked. Give me an hour or so and I'll try n bait you with something else lol.

One of my turbo kits with the Bullseye S362 turbo would work a treat. We've just fitted one to Ad's auto, Ryan is mapping it tomorrow so you should see the results pretty soon. There are plenty of turbo options around though, Garrett is more expensive but very reliable. Borg Warner have there new range of EFR turbos coming out soon which should be good value as you wont need an external wastegate & blow off valve as the turbo has them built in plus the manifold will be cheaper to as the manufacturing cost is lower. Loads of options available to you....

been looking at your kits mate, plus been tempted by the phr turbo kit. too many options available tbo :blink:

be in touch soon mate

I think it depends on whether you wanna run a hi stall TC also - more heat being generated is what ends up killing the boxes. I ended up running 3x trans fluid coolers on mine with a BL box and PI 3,800 stall TC.

If anyone's interested, I have a spare BoostLogic built Autobox sat in my Dad's Garage gathering dust. It's 2k miles old max. and the only thing wrong with it is I managed to break the 2nd gear sprag (these aren't uprated in them) - got no drive in 2nd and had to shift 1 -> D (3) when we took it out and replaced it with another BL box. BL reckoned it was because I'd been shifting manually. I intended getting the 2nd gear sprag replaced and selling it on but have never gotten around to finding a place to do it. Make me a sensible offer and I could ship it to Dude to fit an uprated 2nd gear sprag, for example ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Good time to be single again :)