Cast manifold! Which one??

Bailey.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arnouts manifold is a lot beefier, the wastegate hole is much larger as is the internal area, he designed it for larger turbos, the wastegate flange is also 3 bolt with plenty of meat around it.

Here it is just resting on the exhaust studs and a pic of Treadstone's offering from a similar angle:

My one is heavily modified and has an unrestricted path to the wastegate (44mm min diameter) :) I bought a 2 bolt version but a 4 bolt is available and, as you can see, there's loads of space on this wastegate flange.

As Jamie said, unless you go with a PHR street kit you will have to do a lot of fab work. If you are good at it or are happy to pay someone else then I guess that's no problem.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

q5.jpg

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

Thanks :) Max I normally run is 1.6bar and on the defi I don't think I ever see over 820 degrees, which is less than the stock turbos at 1.2bar previously. I remember we did get a one off peak of more like 900 when mapping up at 1.8bar but that was from the smaller thermo couple that is hooked to the syvecs ecu. My exhaust is much less restrictive now though plus I now have a greddy 3row rather than the old two row so I need to get back to the rolling road to see what it's pushing.

Thanks :) Max I normally run is 1.6bar and on the defi I don't think I ever see over 820 degrees, which is less than the stock turbos at 1.2bar previously.

You say you ported and polished the cast manifold, did you take a lot of material off?

Just been having a look through your garage Dan, I'm officially jealous, one of the nicest cars on the club :thumbs:

You say you ported and polished the cast manifold, did you take a lot of material off?

Just been having a look through your garage Dan, I'm officially jealous, one of the nicest cars on the club :thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words Nic, I ought to update the garage a little really - thanks for the reminder :) In terms of manifold mods, i probably removed about 300cc of material.

So 550-590 is achievable but can you go further with let's say an Arnout? Could you go anywhere to let's say 650-700?

What's the pros and cons of a Tubular against a cast one? :)

Without seeing concrete evidence it is all speculation.. however.

It is said you will see more torque from the cast manifold, I'm not sure if that is because of the shorter distance and less volume between the exhaust ports & the turbo. It has been said though. A cast manifold is far less likely to crack, unheard of if it is a decent one (arnout).

Tubular manifolds are far better looking and more accomodating in the engine bay. If you get a decent one there really is no limit of the power you can put through them.

As I said earlier I'm sure there is a 900+ HP Supra in the USA. There was a figure mentioned from the Arnout developer, (was his name Arnout?) which was 700+.

If you go with a cast manifold you will have around 800-£1000 to spare depending on which tubular manifold you are thinking about. If the fabrication costs that much I would be very surprised.

See even the phr stage 1 kit works out £2350'plus taxes Nd delivery! I may as well just go for a whifbitz kit!! Urrgh can't someone upgrade and sell me there old kit!!!!?????!!!!!

Still, £1300 is a fair saving. Shipping and taxes won't add up to that much.