Cast manifold! Which one??

Bailey.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shipping is probably £400 and taxes probably the same again! It does start to mount up for quite a basic kit! I want it so bad but feel I still have so much research to do!

Shipping £400????? Pfft, I'll get it for you if you like? I could get a return flight for that.

Can't see it being that much, £150-£200 maybe, £400 is just madness.

Really,

I've had some crazy quotes, I thought I was being very fair at £400??!!

Ask them.

I find that a lot of people will quote you crazy money when they don't really ship into the UK. These guys are sending their kits over here all the time so the costs will be fairly reasonable IMO.

I was quoted £300 for a set of alloys as an example.

You do realise the turbo kit is a small part of what's needed, ie ECU, clutch, fueling, cooling etc etc etc.

Yes I've done that much research but the kit is the biggest expense, once i have this i can get all the other pieces, ie clutch, drop ins, ecu, oil pump/water pumps, cambelt, plugs, mapping and probably cams! But as I said start big and work my way down wards!

If you are interested I could probably gather up enough spare and leftover parts (but minus the turbo) to get you a 90% copy of my setup with the 4" DP like this....

Drop me a pm or email if you want to discuss.

Failing that I can always help out with any issues you come across when putting your own kit together...a few other people have cast kits too like Heckler, Wez and MikeB so there should be plenty people here to give you advice :)

Watch out for the PHR street kit - last time I looked it came with a 4 bolt flanged connection between the turbo and (3") downpipe which would make a turbo swap a little tricky without extra fabrication efforts. No big deal if you are happy sticking with their turbo though.

kit.jpg

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

Just a word on the Arnout version after contacting him about a year ago it was no chance unless i wanted about 20, he wasn't interested in ones and twos, after that the second best deal in town is the Treadstone one which is a copy of the old Turbonetics one but with a bigger wastegate area

Just a word on the Arnout version after contacting him about a year ago it was no chance unless i wanted about 20, he wasn't interested in ones and twos, after that the second best deal in town is the Treadstone one which is a copy of the old Turbonetics one but with a bigger wastegate area

Oh yeah, I forgot you had one as well Paul - sorry.

Have you done anything with it yet?