The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painted My Calipers

Class One

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a tin of Halfrauds 'Caliper Paint' in blue. Drove home, looking forward to some caliper painting action. And I fell over at the first hurdle. B@ll@x. Can't even get the wheels off! The nuts are so damn tight I can't loosen them!

Paint em through your spokes! :D

Just bought a tin of Halfrauds 'Caliper Paint' in blue. Drove home, looking forward to some caliper painting action. And I fell over at the first hurdle. B@ll@x. Can't even get the wheels off! The nuts are so damn tight I can't loosen them!

At least you found out now and not when you had a puncture! :eyebrows:

A mate of mine bought the Halfrauds caliper paint. He said it was the worst stuff he had ever used. It was like treacle. And looked awful when dry :thumbdown

May have just been a dodgy pot :Pling:

Just to warn you :D

He ended up rubbing it all off and using Hamerite :D

I bought some from Halfords aswell, it wasn't too thick in the tin but it started to dry extremely quickly when applied so it was a right mess.

I thinned it down and sprayed it on with my airbrush and it was extrmely smooth and shiny!

This bloke on Suprforums uses normal car body paint and he's got some extremely good results, he painted his calipers 24K miles ago and they still look good.

He's done over 30 sets, one bloke has just done a track day and the calipers are fine.

Here's a few pics

• 1 month later...

2 slipped discs and a hernia later, I finally managed to get the wheels off. I've painted them blue, but my missus and one neighbour have told me how awful they look! So now I'm beginning to regret having picked blue. Do you think they look terrible? Do I need to repaint in black?

P.S. The Halfrauds paint is indeed very sticky and needs to be used in very thin coats. Definitely leave plenty of time to dry.

supraCaliper.jpg

use black hamerite if your gona re paint, its so glossy and it doesnt flake off.

i did mine a month before jap fest and took it on trax and they still look as fresh as the day i painted.

i used halfords 500 deg spray for the disk bells and they are fine too.

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/JAE05/DSCN1067.JPG

have you seen suprastars brake calipers, they are same as yours with decals and look great. they are red tho. cant see whats wrong with the blue... :D

tt steve.

• 3 weeks later...
Does look smart with the logos on.

I gotta ask though - the UK brakes - do they come painted, with the logo printed from the factory? What size discs can you run with them?

Yes they come painted with logos, see pics attached.

Fronts discs are 323mm, rears 324mm.

ps. If anyone wants larger spec brakes I can get at very good prices, drop me a pm for info.

03280001.jpg

03280007.jpg

03280008.jpg