The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painted My Calipers

Class One

They'll look even better with some Supra logos on them. Give me a shout :tongue:

Yeah These logos are bloody good. Did my calipers today using some black hammerite smooth with some Supra logos and they look the mutz nutz. Ill post some pics of them tomorrow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You getting all those little jobs done before Le Mans then Class One?

:thumbs:

Was trying, but got injured at work yesterday. Will still be able to make Le Mans, but won't be able to tart the car up anymore. Might manage to wash it but thats about it.

As promised here are my calipers before and after. I cleaned they with a wire brush them masked the calipers and painted them using black hamerite smooth.

The stickers came from Gordon F and they came out better than I expected.

A good way to spend a saturday.

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

I think a dark blue would look quite nice. I originally thought about doing mine in red but as this is the first time I have done them I thought play it safe and stick with black. Much better than they looked before.

Just need some decent wheels now to finish the job off nicely as the current ones aren't in great condition. I was however quite suprised to find that the are Rays wheels when I took them off. Think I am going for a set of works wheels in a nice gunmetal finish and then perhaps sell my old ones as I am sure someone would probably buy them for track days or something.

Yeah they are great. They look white on the photos and from a distance but are actually like a silvery colour. They are £10 from Gordon F. So get yourself to the shops, get some hammerite and start painting those stoppers. You'll be glad you did.

Guest pete g

you should get should get some 'supra' decals for the front calipers. they are for sale on ebay for about a tenner under the seller 'uber9'. i done mine, looks pretty good, well as good as j-spec brakes can get lol

Guest El Cid
I have sold dozens of sets of these and no one has ever come back to me and said that they have peeled off. Depends what material you use I suppose.

Yea, I wasn't referring to your product. This was based on the stickers from the site I linked that also sells the stencils.

Thought i'd tart up my dirty old j spec calipers as I can't afford the UK Spec brakes at the mo.

Excuse the pic quality taken with my mobile.

What about the actual rusty old hub where the bolts are (like pic 2) can you paint this too? always wondered if i could do something with it but looks to close to the discs

A mate of mine bought the Halfrauds caliper paint. He said it was the worst stuff he had ever used. It was like treacle. And looked awful when dry :thumbdown

May have just been a dodgy pot :Pling:

Just to warn you :D

He ended up rubbing it all off and using Hamerite :D