The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my first supra

Guest wantthatone

Guest wantthatone

hi, the car has just gone on ebay today, you cant miss it, by all means have a look, the supra is my run around, however when buying porsches & toyotas there is a big difference, its under zeemax 997 on ebay in speed yellow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, the car has just gone on ebay today, you cant miss it, by all means have a look, the supra is my run around, however when buying porsches & toyotas there is a big difference, its under zeemax 997 on ebay in speed yellow

You're selling the Porsche for the Supra?

Nice one on the purchase :thumbs:

You're selling the Porsche for the Supra?

Nice one on the purchase :thumbs:

For an NA as well, i think you'll be bored of that very quickly if your used to 400 hp +

No offence intended to our normally aspirated owners but when you've had 400 + going down to 200 ish is a non starter for me.

Guest wantthatone

the reason the porsche is going is to fund a works DAGE 935 one of only 20 ever built. serious bit of kit, it seems as if all the secondhand car market is slow, not just the supras. there is a lot of high end stuff for silly money at present, i can remember when the supra mkiv when it came out, said then i got to have one. contacted martin with a mint n/a, struck a deal. i cant help thinking a 200ish bhp classic is a nice every day car

Guest wantthatone

hi all, well today i picked up my supra, little dissapointed as the deal was to include the bushes to be done, however after the best part of 200 miles driving there, i find out there not done! a slight knock turned out to be all the suspension bushes need to be done a.s.a.p according to an engineers report in the history, this was evident on the way home! so my first job will to be that, on another note i HPI'd the car using the HPI company,everything came back thumbs up, so on activating the garuntee it wouldnt let me, phoned them they said there is another logbook apart from the one i was given today! be very cautious they said! i explained the report came back clean. & then it turned into a row, i asked if you do a report it comes back clean, thats your go ahead to buy the car(does this make sense:() not according to them it seems! i then explained surely you only do the logbook signing over on completion of the deal, therefore if your records show there are two logbooks why was'nt it highlighted on the report i asked. this went on for half an hour! the logbook is the old type so im sending my part off to see what happens, can any one advise me if they know any different, the seller assured me the car is sound as it was checked by a trade vehicle search according to martin. please any help or guidance would be very welcome......

Sorry to hear of your problems, before you start replacing any bushes make sure the ball joints on the wishbones are in good condition.

I have changed all mine but fitted new wishbones from Toyota rather than replace just the bushes. This is definetly the way to go but is quite costly and will take a minimum of a hard days labour on a ramp to do.

Also whichever route you take you'll need a full suspension geometry set up done to re align the toe, camber and castor.

All the best

Oh dear :(

Oh dear indeed !!

It could get lots worse if you go the bush change route and then find the ball joints are failing !!!

I thought long and hard when i did mine and decided to bite the bullet and went the proper route.

Do it right do it once ;)

Guest wantthatone

thanks for the optmistic replies, i replaced the upper & lower control arms on a 7 series bmw on the front. all of that from delphi came in at just 128 pound! from a supplier my employer uses, so i wont be touching main dealer prices! i have learnt that.

Damon,

That isn't true, you were made aware we hadn't had time to do the bushes when you rang up the day before you came down for the car. So it was no shock to you when you arrived, as you already knew?

The garage report is slightly misleading, they don't all need doing, or i would have said that. It just needs the one side like i said, parts will cost you around £150 from someone like Keron. I'd have a little look yourself and get the exact parts you need mate, instead've buying everything, as most of the suspension components are perfect.

There isn't two log books, you won't have any issues with registering it in your name.

hi all, well today i picked up my supra, little dissapointed as the deal was to include the bushes to be done, however after the best part of 200 miles driving there, i find out there not done! a slight knock turned out to be all the suspension bushes need to be done a.s.a.p according to an engineers report in the history, this was evident on the way home! so my first job will to be that, on another note i HPI'd the car using the HPI company,everything came back thumbs up, so on activating the garuntee it wouldnt let me, phoned them they said there is another logbook apart from the one i was given today! be very cautious they said! i explained the report came back clean. & then it turned into a row, i asked if you do a report it comes back clean, thats your go ahead to buy the car(does this make sense:() not according to them it seems! i then explained surely you only do the logbook signing over on completion of the deal, therefore if your records show there are two logbooks why was'nt it highlighted on the report i asked. this went on for half an hour! the logbook is the old type so im sending my part off to see what happens, can any one advise me if they know any different, the seller assured me the car is sound as it was checked by a trade vehicle search according to martin. please any help or guidance would be very welcome......

Guest wantthatone

by the way, martin has been good regarding this deal. he has ordered a set of overmats as goodwill which he is going to send on. i think comms broke down, but he has assured me for a little outlay, it will be a very nice uptogether supra.