The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much will an active spoiler cost me..??

Havard

Hi H - I should be replacing my active spoiler on Tuesday with a new lip - the current one is OK, just a few grazes where it's grounded out. If you want the old lip, it's your bud - just shout.

Thanks Ellis but I would prefer something new or in excellent condition. I am expecting that yours cannot be repaired??

H.

Well what do you know..?

On the phone to Jurgen today, he said "Oh by the way, noticed the car had an active spoiler whilst up on the ramp..!!":D

I had just posted my cheque to Monsween for his lip, I will still need the lip and Sted wants one...!!

Question is, how do you make the spoiler stay down permanently?

H.

I would never want it up?

H.

Did you ever get out of your white one and find the front over the curb and the lower lip only mm's above it? The stock lip will clear all but the very highest curbs.........with an active spoiler lip in the down position it will get mullered on all but the lowest.

Just advising caution if you do decide to keep it down....

Did you ever get out of your white one and find the front over the curb and the lower lip only mm's above it? The stock lip will clear all but the very highest curbs.........with an active spoiler lip in the down position it will get mullered on all but the lowest.

I struggled with scraping even before mine was lowered. :(

:) i would imagine just "unplug " the motor when the spoiler is in the down position ? never tryed to do it when i had the silver supra :search:

Cheers

-Ian-

Could just wire a switch on a relay to disable power to it.

Set it up or down, and then flick the power switch.

Garfys controller is the one to have, but rare.

Noted. Did have a couple of close shaves with my white one but if I knew I was really low then I'd be more careful, probably. Just thought about getting on/off the drive could be problematic so maybe the switch is in order.

H.

Hahahahhahahahhahahaha.....

I can rip the cheque up if you want.

Your still more than welcome to it if you still need it :)

Last night my mate Sted was getting upset that he couldn't find one ofr love nor money, so I would like to pass this on to him if you don't mind.

Your cheque went at 2pm. Jurgen told me 5 minutes later....:D

H.

Noted. Did have a couple of close shaves with my white one but if I knew I was really low then I'd be more careful, probably. Just thought about getting on/off the drive could be problematic so maybe the switch is in order.

H.

Mine gets on and off your drive without any problems

Cheers

-Ian-