Few bits need seeing to, help required!

Kalel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's not an HKS Fcon :) It's an Apexi F-Manage fuel controller, a VERY old bit of kit so will need looking at by a mapper to see what it's setup for. I doubt anyone will touch it though, it's about as stone age as fuel controllers get. Same goes for the boost controller which is an original AVC-R, never even seen one before and I've been here over 6 years!

For others, here's the pic:

attachment.php?attachmentid=116809&stc=1&d=1284164381

Kalel.JPG

Can you also check in the footwell on the passenger side to see what's there - Pull off back the carpet at the front of the pasesenger side, where the feet would rest (you will need to remove the sill trim panel, simple though, just one push clip and the rest pulls out). There may also be a black plastic foot rest under that, if it's there, take that off too, it's just two nuts that secure it

It might be there's something there and a picture will speak a thousand words :)

protech do a good speedo converter and delimiter all in one or u can have just the converter. Have one on my supra has worked great for perfect for the last 3 years and have used then on the cars i have imported to. very easy to.

there website is protech.co.uk or com or give them a phone 01275 859955

Ok carpet thingy I'll do when I get off work. But lol! Tell me what I'm looking for so it's easier!

As for the fcon removal, as I'm already looking to upgrade both boost controller & fuel controller would it be a simple take out the old and plug in the new?

I'm having some major work done soon, just need some time to save a few £.

As for the fcon removal, as I'm already looking to upgrade both boost controller & fuel controller would it be a simple take out the old and plug in the new?

More than likely the wiring for the fuel computer has been spliced in to the cars wiring loom, so no not as easy as just unplugging, plugging back in.

More than likely the wiring for the fuel computer has been spliced in to the cars wiring loom, so no not as easy as just unplugging, plugging back in.

Hmmm depression sinks in now.. Lol

ok i'm going to have all the other rubbish sorted with car first then upgrade to a fcon v pro or greddy e-Manage ultimate. But like I said, first things first.

1- tighten bolts

2- install a good quality electronic converter (possibly Thor)

3- replace gearbox oil

4- upgrade to a good ecu such as stated above

how's it sound?

Edited by Kalel (see edit history)

Will definately contact them, but most of the work on the car had been professionally done by Wincanton motorsport. So I'll see which price suits me best then choose. I'm in the process of emailing back and forth with the wincanton people

They wouldn't be able to map the HKS ECU which was why I mentioned contacting AFR.

Personally I would only use a tuner who has a good reputation and a lot of experience of working on Supras, even if it meant paying a bit more IMO it would be worth it for peace of mind knowing any work was done properly.

They wouldn't be able to map the HKS ECU which was why I mentioned contacting AFR.

Personally I would only use a tuner who has a good reputation and a lot of experience of working on Supras, even if it meant paying a bit more IMO it would be worth it for peace of mind knowing any work was done properly.

I do agree but the company I mentioned are official hks dealers with mapping ability. I'll ask the people you mentioned also.

What's the av price for properly done mapping?

Depends on the mapper and what's needed, but normally £250 to £500. It maybe more if you want all the bells and whistles (if the ECU supports them), like traction control, launch control, etc

I feel I've jumped ahead of myself pushing through to ecu without solving previously stated probs.

What kit would cover everything? The hks fcon v pro looks pretty good.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, do these ecu's cone with normal drive settings and race settings? E.g I'm driving to work economicly then I push a button and I'm able to fly off?

Edited by Kalel
Add: I mean shift through settings (see edit history)

Okay, I think yhou're going to be on a steep learning curve here :D

Advanced ECUs like the HKS cover many functions but the three basic ones are:

- Fuel control

- Iginition control

- Boost control

You do not need an advanced ECU to cover the last one, most people use a boost controller to allow them to switch between high, low (or inbetween!) boost levels. I.e. 0.8 bar for normal driving an wet weather, 1.2 bar when you want some fun.

Even then, I think you're getting ahead of yourself :) Lets find out exactly what you have on the car, from there we can help advise you what you might need (and ideally, what you might NOT need!)

Can you give a full run down of the mods.. I.e.

- Is it decatted

- Which cat back exhuast

- Boost gauges, AFR gauges, etc

- Pul back the cabin carpet, remove the black footrest and take a picture of what you see there.

- Injectors (look at the colour of the cap and ideally take a picture for us). Colour will determine the size they are. There' little point going for £2k of ECU if you only have stock injectors..

Hope this helps..

Edit to add, I may have missed it but where or who did you buy the car from? It may be one we already know about

Ok mate, I'm taking a look now, photos to come. What am I looking for exactly under the carpet??

Silver boxes with stickers on them, about the size of a paperback book. Your car should have two stock looking ones, we're interested anything not standard looking :)

The pics above don't tell us anything new unfortunately.

Ok mate, I'm taking a look now, photos to come. What am I looking for exactly under the carpet??

Silver boxes with stickers on them, about the size of a paperback book. Your car should have two stock looking ones, we're interested anything not standard looking :)

The pics above don't tell us anything new unfortunately.

Lol it's too dark, I'll check tomorrow. Give me more details? Exact location?