The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get a TRD kit and fitted?

TLicense

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have pic John, interesting to compare, my unit is a three piece kit, two sid duct pods for the front brakes and the big center for the intercooler/ Engine bay area

They all bolt together to make one unit, using those plastic philp head screw gromets ( not too sure what they are called)

Loads of pics of it in my project thread mate. It's a 1 piece fiberglass unit decided into 3 parts as you say.

Loads of pics of it in my project thread mate. It's a 1 piece fiberglass unit decided into 3 parts as you say.

Cool, sorry I was trying to keep track of your built but too many pages :p

Just looking at your Ducting unit it looks identicle, could not fault it comparing it to mine, only difference is mine has the three backets bolted to the crash bar, I see yours has one in the crash bar and one either side of the pods, small difference but no effect.

Couldnt fault the MVP ducting I can say that, looks like an excellent job

I see you have my gear knob too and now a black ducting plus the same guages and guage 3 pod dash glove box panel, stop copying me. Dont make me come over there :)

The kit came with spare brackets, I never thought of fitting 3. I might add some more like you lol.

I'm sorry mate I won't do it again I'll try and be a little more original from now on hahaha.

Dont worry I might have to copy your Recaro seats :innocent:

We can call it quits

From what I remember the OE kit is aluminium sandwiched FRP.

Seems you could well be right mate, if thats the case i think its well worth going for original kit, ive seen a few TRD kitted cars but if im honest the bodywork has been terrible on all of them except one that was fresh from the bodyshop.

Quote from Dusty.

Both kits are hand-made in Japan. Both kits are made from FRP. The genuine kit also has some metal compound in it, my kit does not.

I can get you the genuine kit as well, it cost about twice as much and requires 3 months to get to the USA if we're lucky. The last one I ordered took almost 5 months but that is not typical.

The Bumper/skirts are definetly good quality FRP but the wings on mine are not 100% FRP if even, how the paint sits on the wings and rear archs plus the feel and touch is consistant to the Door/roof

What ever the materials used in the wings and arches, on a cold morning they portrait the characterists of cold metal like the roof/Doors; I would be very surprised if it is just FRP

Seems you could well be right mate, if thats the case i think its well worth going for original kit, ive seen a few TRD kitted cars but if im honest the bodywork has been terrible on all of them except one that was fresh from the bodyshop.

Quote from Dusty.

have you seen any genuine TRD ones mate ? ...

i have seen some copie TRDs and only some have been good ie (envy car and few others) ..but the bodyshop needs to be shit hot.

originals alli can say is they are pretty good mate..(in fact i have that nice white one arriving next week) :)

The Bumper/skirts are definetly good quality FRP but the wings on mine are not 100% FRP if even, how the paint sits on the wings and rear archs plus the feel and touch is consistant to the Door/roof

What ever the materials used in the wings and arches, on a cold morning they portrait the characterists of cold metal like the roof/Doors; I would be very surprised if it is just FRP

you have the genuine kit mate :) (an exclusive club) :)