The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB Sunday 17th October Shakespeare County Raceway!

JamieP

Home after a great weekend drag racing.

Arrived friday in the rain and it then carried on raining through to the early hours of saturday morning.

StuW set up camp along side and dude (enjoyed meeting the 'legend' at last)arrived in style with his large motorhome parking along side also.

Sunshine and dry weather saturday am although it was a slow process drying track out for racing to start.

Good to see JP again and very wise of him to leave his supra at home ;)

It was also nice to see Ryan arrive and do some laptop work on Stu's car.

After the track opened at around 1pm both me and Stu managed a run together my time being 12.2 and stu runing and 11.2 a nice warm up for both cars, Stu decided to visit the pits after this run and didn't join me in the warm up lane which was a bad move :(

I managed another run at 11.7 before rain stopped play again and the track was closed for the day with both me and Stu line up ready for another run on a track just starting to give grip and very cold air temps giving good power levels.

After an heavy overnight frost it again took time for the tack to open on sunday morning.

It did give us time to meet with the supra lads that had decided to come along for the day

It became the busiest day at Shakey i have seen, the fire up lane went down the total length of the pit lane :(

After doing 2 runs one being an 11.679 @ 129.03mph

Gaz B only had 2 runs I think.... was busy today but awesome weather, will post them up Jamie :)fEjrUSe1H0E
I was having problems engaging gears (boiled clutch fluid i'm hope as this is my second HKS twin plate in just over 2 years) it was decided to not run car again and take some video of stu launching, then pack up and head home.

The lads that did try their luck on the 1/4 mile really enjoyed the experiance and may well have got the addiction i was warning about :D

I've got lots of pictures that need sorting through and when done i've load them here, video may prove more difficult as i've never shared that before

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, my car's in my avatar.

1.9 tdi wouldn't have been competitive :D. Well tbf it would have beaten some of the cars that ran, or at least given them a run for their money ;)

edit: Just uploading to Photobucket so will post the pics up when it's finished :)

Ha nothing wrong with the TDI mate! Fair enough you didn't want to run! Good pics in the other thread! Bet you want to buy a supra now! ;)

Ha nothing wrong with the TDI mate! Fair enough you didn't want to run! Good pics in the other thread! Bet you want to buy a supra now! ;)

True true but it would have been pretty embarrassing being whooped :D

I want/need one so badly, I need a new job first but as soon as I get one I'm on the hunt for a Supra :). Looking to get a TT6 preferably BPU'd!

I only managed 3 runs. Very busy :(

13.6 - wheelspin in 1st

13.3 - better burnout, no spin

13.1 - boost turned up as I realised I was only at 1.2 bar

bit disappointed as I was hoping to be in 12's. One thing that confuses me on the way home I was hitting 1.4 easily, yet at the strip it seamed to struggle to hit that. Is that due to heat soak because I was not pushing my car like everyone else? Managed to put my back out changing wheels :(

That happened to me a few times when driving home from SantaPod. I think its due to flooring that car whilst its rolling, plus you get to higher speeds from a rolling start.

Whats the specs of your car?

I only managed 3 runs. Very busy :(

13.6 - wheelspin in 1st

13.3 - better burnout, no spin

13.1 - boost turned up as I realised I was only at 1.2 bar

bit disappointed as I was hoping to be in 12's. One thing that confuses me on the way home I was hitting 1.4 easily, yet at the strip it seamed to struggle to hit that. Is that due to heat soak because I was not pushing my car like everyone else? Managed to put my back out changing wheels :(

It was a good weekend for us to try out the Nos for the first time :)

Sat 1x run 11.7 Wheelspin everywhere.

Sunday was better

It made me realise my gearing is 1000Rpm out but at least we have some data to work with now.

Also the cut off time for the Pro Street Drag series was 4pm, We had the 10.001 which made us the fastest car there. I have the trophy to prove it :p

I was genuinly suprised as i thought the 1000hp Blue scooby that later melted its Transmission made a low 9 pass :search:

All in all especially considering the weather it was a brilliant weekend.

Next time forum menbers should wear name badges :D

Many Thanks to Gaz B and Dude for helping in general ;-)

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

I think name badges are a must. I stood around looking at your car for a while Stuart and there were a few people standing around too (including Dude I think) but I didn't know who anyone was.

Next time I'll have to just man up and start speaking to someone :p