The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB Sunday 17th October Shakespeare County Raceway!

JamieP

Stu i was going to ask about grip .... at the moment i get absolutley zero on the road after about half throttle.

If i drag race with this set up am i likely to just be left on the line with spinning wheels?? :)

The track is sprayed with a sticky glue, Sometimes during prize giving @ the pod with the sun out you can hardly lift your feet as they adhere:)

Tyre pressures can be dropped to the verge of the trye slipping on the rim, between 8-14psi, depending on rim size and tyre height. Mark the tyre to rim with tipp ex to see if you get slip.

Softest rear suspension, You could also adjust the rear camber to square the wheels up to the strip surface, If you do this the toe should be checked too.

Because you have Independent rear suspension the wheels will go in at the top under suspension compression and so lessen the surface area of the tyre tread pattern.

Hope that helps :)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, i know its a bad show to drop out but i need to get the car ready for thunder road and i dont have time to do both events.

1. JamieP

2. Josh

3. mark newman

4. little num

5. GazB

6. Guigsy

7. richarde7927

8. Scotty71

9. dr_jekyll

10. Neil-NA

11. Ricky49 (if single is finished)

12.bradh

13. karl

14. StuartW

15. Fitz

16. Shima60 (If single is finished)

17. Steady dave

18. scottc998 (Spectating)

19. kill1308 (Spectating)

20. Ganty

21. antony lacey (spectating)

22. supramanuk

23. wilkorangerover

24. supra tom

25. mach man

26. tom tt

Is everyone else still going? If the weather's going to be ok I'll still be there to watch :thumbs:

I'm still planning on being there for the weekend, should get there friday night and set up camp in pit area ready for saturday test and tune before race day on sunday

I shall be looking at weather forecast before going

Weather looks good. Cool crisp and dry so far :)

Sunday, 17 October

High 12°C

Mostly Sunny

Wind From Northwest at 11 kmph

Maximum Humidity 70%

UV Index 2

Chance of Precip. 0%

Avg. High. 13°C

Record High N/A

Sunrise 07:35

Awesome :D

Looking at the wind direction we will be dragging into a headwind... that is my first excuse ;)

Great, looking to be a good day :) Let's just hope everyone turns up.

Good excuse Scotty :thumbs:

The track is sprayed with a sticky glue, Sometimes during prize giving @ the pod with the sun out you can hardly lift your feet as they adhere:)

Tyre pressures can be dropped to the verge of the trye slipping on the rim, between 8-14psi, depending on rim size and tyre height. Mark the tyre to rim with tipp ex to see if you get slip.

Softest rear suspension, You could also adjust the rear camber to square the wheels up to the strip surface, If you do this the toe should be checked too.

Because you have Independent rear suspension the wheels will go in at the top under suspension compression and so lessen the surface area of the tyre tread pattern.

Hope that helps :)

I always thought harder rears were better. That way when the car squats it pushes the rears into to Tarmac more. Soft suspension would just make it easier for the wheels to spin. I also thaught the rears of drag cars squat because of the sidewalls squashing not suspension. Am I wrong? Seems a sound theory to me lol

Also to remind everyone shakespire need helmets for all runners.

I always thought harder rears were better. That way when the car squats it pushes the rears into to Tarmac more. Soft suspension would just make it easier for the wheels to spin. I also thaught the rears of drag cars squat because of the sidewalls squashing not suspension. Am I wrong? Seems a sound theory to me lol

Also to remind everyone shakespire need helmets for all runners.

The Theory on the tyres is the more softer pressure and compound they are the more surface area of tyre mating to tarmac you get.

The idea of soft suspension is to get the body to roll around the wheels and push the CG back onto the driven wheels, They call that "Hook up"

In a good launch video'd in slo mo you will see the rears punch down and then the body lurch back to give you a perfect 60ft time ;)

Awesome :D

Looking at the wind direction we will be dragging into a headwind... that is my first excuse ;)

I like that excuse all ready . you still fancy my car vs your auto bpu vs manual 6 speed bpu .

Im still will be coming if the weather is good (no rain ) ill only be there on the sunday .

Rich.

I'm looking at getting there before dark on friday night to get a good pit area for motorhome, trailer and car.

Then have a few beers :D

Come over and say hello anybody that visits either saturday or sunday, i'll be running my car both days but will spend time in pit area chilling as well.

Who is staying over saturday night?