The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod Tinkering

monsween

Looking at the Met office weather i woudn't bother washing your cars, looks like rain is forecast for Saturday

Weather forecast: East of England

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Cool and breezy with further heavy showers or longer spells of rain on Saturday, then mostly dry Sunday, with rather more sunshine. Further rain or showers are likely on Monday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Stage 1 last night. Washed, dryed, wheels, tyres, rubber, Dragonball stickers removed, glass, vacum, leather treated, interior plastics, all fluids checked, boost gauge controller fixed back in position.

After reading Dnk's post I may not bother with the polishing and extra gloss protecting it :(

You all have it easy.

To do list;

- refit all interior (only dashboard and drivers seat in the car).

- possible leak, puddles in both rear footwells. If its the matrix then I'm out.

- bits of exterior trim to fit.

- rear gearbox seal being done now.

- fit front spoiler.

- clean clean clean.

Wasted yesterday finding the electrical circuit that's earthing the battery and draining it.

I did Stage 1 last night. Washed, dryed, wheels, tyres, rubber, Dragonball stickers removed, glass, vacum, leather treated, interior plastics, all fluids checked, boost gauge controller fixed back in position.

After reading Dnk's post I may not bother with the polishing and extra gloss protecting it :(

Dont blame me :rolleyes: it could well be a 100 + degree heatwave knowing how good the MET is sometimes.

im blaming you dunk!! lol only joking

be good for the drifters....................

My name will be in the gutter now if it chuck's it down :D

My only prepwork im doing is putting a brolly in the boot and my flat cap in the glove box :D

Hope it doesn't rain though, just think of all the combined people hours going in to cleaning all these cars, that would be a shame to see them all get dirty before we actually get there.

By the way I was cleaning yesterday, and I'll be mostly cleaning today and tomorrow,

as previously said it WILL be nice tomorrow and Saterday.

I've also been trying to sort out a problem with my tubos/boost, thats why I'm not going down the strip, I'm only seing 0.9 boost and it should be 1.2. I've read everything, tried everything, and I'm now hoping to chat up a few experts on Saterday.

Edited by BOB B (see edit history)

I only noticed this about 3 weeks ago Christian, about 8 weeks ago I fitted refurbed turbos and everything was running good, or so I thought, I sort of began to notice that I wasn't getting the hit from the second turbo (I think it wasn't there from the change).

Checked my boost gauge and I am only getting 0.9.

I only noticed this about 3 weeks ago Christian, about 8 weeks ago I fitted refurbed turbos and everything was running good, or so I thought, I sort of began to notice that I wasn't getting the hit from the second turbo (I think it wasn't there from the change).

Checked my boost gauge and I am only getting 0.9.

Ive got the exact same problem. After fitting shiney pipes, i have all new vac line to see if that sorts it.

The car was serviced last week so not a great deal to do really so Just cleaning for me. I've taken today and tomorrow off though just incase.

I've had a go with the clay bar today and used some rubbing compound to get some paint marks off that came from someone painting with a roller.

The interior is done too. Just a good wax needed now really. It'll still look like a dogs dinner though with me doing it:d

Quite tempted to spray my skuttle plate but thats if I feel in a confident mood. Did my wiper arms perfectly though a couple of nights ago.

Stage 2 done. Clay barred, polished with deep resin polish, then extra gloss protection left on for 30 mins then another polish. All ready for Saturday and Sunday :)

No doubt it will be ruined before I get to Pod driving in the rain, but don't care as enjoyed every minute of it :)