The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper spray cost? or recommendation?

Guest Suprastar2009

How much would you charge to spray a blitz replica in gloss red, the bumper is prepared and primered in white primer. Also what would be your extra charge for meshing and fitting?

Thankyou

you'll probably find that its gel coat not primer.it will need preping and priming,preping then painting,but you really need the person painting this to have your car too to check fitment BEFORE its painted.

in my experience they never fit nice and need alot of work to look right.

the last blitz bumper i saw had no fittings,fabrication to sort fixings and fitment can spiral no end sometimes.

anyone quoting without seeing will either end up

1. way out of pocket

2. you will get a bill you wasn't expecting

3. you will have a crap fitment and not be happy

hth simon

you'll probably find that its gel coat not primer.it will need preping and priming,preping then painting,but you really need the person painting this to have your car too to check fitment BEFORE its painted.

in my experience they never fit nice and need alot of work to look right.

the last blitz bumper i saw had no fittings,fabrication to sort fixings and fitment can spiral no end sometimes.

anyone quoting without seeing will either end up

1. way out of pocket

2. you will get a bill you wasn't expecting

3. you will have a crap fitment and not be happy

hth simon

:yeahthat: But I'm to lazy to type all that.

Guest Suprastar2009
Hijacking the thread.

Wanna sell me your stock bumper and lip?

Whats happened to yours ;) how much would you buy it for?

Thankyou for getting back to me, Ive had a much better quote yes, but I'm not instagating that your expensive just not as competetive, but hey if you can get that much than fair play to you my friend :)

Mate, everyone who has seen Dave's spraying has said that he is very cheap for the quality of the job, so I really would question what sort of job you are going to get for people quoting a considerable amount less.