The mkiv Supra Owners Club

changed spark plugs and now engine is hunting for power ?? HELP

supra steveo

whats this then ?

Throttle position sensor, or ICV, Idle Control Valve.

Ive knocked mine before when changing plugs and it did a simular thing.

Does it flash up any error codes with the paperclip trick?

had a bit of a brain fart there it looks like it is firing on all cylinders but yes it does sound like a tank ideling ive took the EFI 1 fuse out for a few mins and tried that but its still running bad it seems to clear given a few revs tho took it for a quick blast up the run way and its jumpy as hell :(

I'd try driving it for a few miles and see if it gets better, they can feel really lumpy after an ECU reset and can take a good run until they run right again.

Did you check the gaps on the plugs?

Have you checked the distributor cap is secure and all plug leads are connected?

Guest krefty

High,have you checked all electrical connectors??,

as when i replaced cam cover gaskets i forgot to connect one of the Lambda sensors back up!

problem found! it was a vacum sensor pipe that had snapped off the intake manifold ,seems this problem has happened before as there was super glue all over the bit that snapped :( needed a 24mm deep socket to get it off and now i need to replace it with a new one anyone know a part number ?