The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz vs rb26 power build

stuart hydzik

Can't wait for this to be finished bud! Still holding you for a go in it when it's done!

For anyone in east anglia that needs any work done to there cars, whether it's a supra or another jap car, I can strongly suggest DI Racing! Damien and Ian take pride in there work and are always very helpful and friendly!

Good luck with the build dude, tell Damien I'll swing by this week, probably Friday with some donuts as it's my birthday! :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the 2JZ being designed to beat the RB, I was always under the impression that it was designed to compete with BMW and Mercedes engines. After all, it was first fitted to the Aristo, not the Supra

Toyota initially designed the Supra MKIV to compete against the Nissan 300ZX - they delayed the project when Nissan announced the 300ZX, scrapped the car they were working on and started again, culminating in the MKIV. BMW and Mercedes never figured.

Toyota initially designed the Supra MKIV to compete against the Nissan 300ZX - they delayed the project when Nissan announced the 300ZX, scrapped the car they were working on and started again, culminating in the MKIV. BMW and Mercedes never figured.

True! :)

• 1 month later...

Bit bizare story with eagle rods

Small ends are diffrent size on almost every rod. STRANGE!!!???

Can not get the gouging pin through.

BIT OF ADVICE GUYS DON'T BUY EAGLE RODS .!!!!WHAT A LOAD OF S#'@t

AFTERMARKT CONECTING RODS SHOULD BE PERFECT FIT.

I couldn't belive it.

Went with Carrilo H beam.Amaizing quality!

Edited by stuart hydzik (see edit history)

Guest damian

as it stands,,,,,

2jzgte twin td05 turbo set up,greddy wastegate.

engine stripped cleaned,bored,decked and honed.

crank checked polished and balanced.

carrillo rods and wiseco pistons.

acl bearings and arp fasteners everywhere

head pressure tested and skimmed.valves lapped and seals replaced.

hks cams and pulleys

billet tensioner bracket

oem head gasket.

oem water and oil pumps.

oem(new)crank pulley

denso 1000cc injectors.

hks fuel rail

hks bov.

vems engine managment.

all the usual support mods inc twin walbro in tank fuel pumps,greddy oil coolers ect

STILL waiting for clutch to arrive:D

then i can get the crank balanced and start building the engine up..

Edited by damian (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest damian

quick update...STILL(not Stuarts fault)waiting for the clutch,for fuks sake why cant people do what they say there gonna do,,should be used to it after all these years,but i guess cos we ain't got a corolla and were not going drifting we aren't a priority to a certain Irishmen,,oh well,,

Toyota themselves seem to have got the hang of supply and demand tho,,cheers rob,,deadline and timescale??? fuk knows!

Yes BIG BIG THANKS to Rob for sourcing all the oem stuff from toyota !!!Quick and efficient

Rob your help is higly apriciated THANKS man!!!

No bother! :)

Just hurry up and get it finished so we can start putting mine together! :D

I meant the 2JZ was designed to compete against straight 6 engines from Mercedes and BMW, as it was originally designed for the Aristo, not the Supra. Apparently the use of a straight 6 in the Supra was in response to the Skyline GTR.

• 2 weeks later...

right,fuk it!,,this is ridiculous,, despite Stuart having paid for the clutch from Cristi,,(i usually refer to him as something else so dint know how to spell his fekkin name) over a month now has passed and still nothing,so no progress on the engine build,,now i know "shit happens" but hes managed to send the diff driveshafts etc,albeit also late so hes not completely inept...coupled with almost no comunication, this is getting anoying to say the least,,i think its money back time and go shop somwhere else,,,