The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy vs MVP

pezzler

I was just on Facebook & Envy performance and Styling page is said to be run by Gaz :search:.

All a bit confusing to me.

From what I knew, i thought Gaz was employed by Envy Performance and Styling. Envy Performance LTD was liquidated / taken over (not sure which) when Kevin called it a day, the surrey owners were from the 350Z group i think. I thought Gaz was an employee too :shrug:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I knew, i thought Gaz was employed by Envy Performance and Styling. Envy Performance LTD was liquidated / taken over (not sure which) when Kevin called it a day, the surrey owners were from the 350Z group i think. I thought Gaz was an employee too :shrug:

Yeah going by what chilli red (the new owner) said he was originally but not anymore.

Found this on another site.

"As a few of you may already know Envy Performance Ltd ceased trading at the end of January and has applied for Voluntary Liquidation. All existing orders were honoured and where goods could no longer be sourced refunds were made, it was my number one priority to ensure no customers were left out of pocket. It was with great regret as I had put 6 years of my life into this company, lots of hard work blood sweat and tears. Problems arose in August when the companies turnover dropped by around 50% this trend continued for the next 6 months. We acted responsibly to counter the economic downturn by cutting all overheads and letting staff go and indeed I myself was forced to get another 9-5 job in November to help ease the pressure and reduce the overheads. When the bank decided they wanted to withhold our incoming Credit card payments for 30 days without warning I was left looking to find around £40,000 to help with the cash flow of the business. Despite best efforts to secure this I could not come up with the money required so decided we could not go forward with the business. It must also be noted that during this difficult time other traders also went out of business, owing us money which unfortunately compounded the problem further.

Envy Performance & Styling Ltd was set up in February by the Chili’s who saw an opportunity in the market place and decided that it would be a good idea to employ Gaz Walker who was obviously out of a job. The Chilli’s had previously approached me in the past about opening a franchise of Envy in the South and discussions were ongoing on this mater although never reached fruitition due to Envy failing.

The new venture has nothing to do with Envy Performance Ltd with a different trading address and different directors and owners. It does however use the same websites as Envy Performance as these were owned and operated by the web designer Gaz Walker.

I do hope this goes some way to clear up any confusion.

Best Regards

Kevin Huntley

Ex Director & Ex Majority Shareholder of Envy Performance Ltd "

Guest chilli red

I trade as Chilli Red. When I got rid of Gaz he locked me out of the facebook account and various others and I can't access them to change/delete them, I have requested the facebook page be closed but they haven't done it yet. I only stock Nissan parts as this is what I know. I do source parts for other makes but only engine mods, not body kits and I do not advertise, I do not need to. I trade through word of mouth and my good reputation. I didn't come here for a row, just to say if you want help I will see what I can do.

I trade as Chilli Red. When I got rid of Gaz he locked me out of the facebook account and various others and I can't access them to change/delete them, I have requested the facebook page be closed but they haven't done it yet. I only stock Nissan parts as this is what I know. I do source parts for other makes but only engine mods, not body kits and I do not advertise, I do not need to. I trade through word of mouth and my good reputation. I didn't come here for a row, just to say if you want help I will see what I can do.

It sounds like its Gaz that everyone is having the problems with alright. I've never had any dealings with Envy or Gaz so i can't comment.

You sound like a nice genuine person so best of luck with your new business. Hope to see you brake into the supra scene in the future.

Found this on another site.

"As a few of you may already know Envy Performance Ltd ceased trading at the end of January and has applied for Voluntary Liquidation. All existing orders were honoured and where goods could no longer be sourced refunds were made, it was my number one priority to ensure no customers were left out of pocket. It was with great regret as I had put 6 years of my life into this company, lots of hard work blood sweat and tears. Problems arose in August when the companies turnover dropped by around 50% this trend continued for the next 6 months. We acted responsibly to counter the economic downturn by cutting all overheads and letting staff go and indeed I myself was forced to get another 9-5 job in November to help ease the pressure and reduce the overheads. When the bank decided they wanted to withhold our incoming Credit card payments for 30 days without warning I was left looking to find around £40,000 to help with the cash flow of the business. Despite best efforts to secure this I could not come up with the money required so decided we could not go forward with the business. It must also be noted that during this difficult time other traders also went out of business, owing us money which unfortunately compounded the problem further.

Envy Performance & Styling Ltd was set up in February by the Chili’s who saw an opportunity in the market place and decided that it would be a good idea to employ Gaz Walker who was obviously out of a job. The Chilli’s had previously approached me in the past about opening a franchise of Envy in the South and discussions were ongoing on this mater although never reached fruitition due to Envy failing.

The new venture has nothing to do with Envy Performance Ltd with a different trading address and different directors and owners. It does however use the same websites as Envy Performance as these were owned and operated by the web designer Gaz Walker.

I do hope this goes some way to clear up any confusion.

Best Regards

Kevin Huntley

Ex Director & Ex Majority Shareholder of Envy Performance Ltd "

hmm....sounds a bit too convenient to me.

I shall continue to take my business elsewhere. thankyou.

gaz is a really nice guy. Ive delt with him many times in the past. I think the issue envy had and was the key to there demise was the shitehouse garage/truck yard they used to carry out work on the cars.

Gaz was a nice person to talk to and always friendly. He just lies out of his teeth and I caught him out so many times it wasn’t funny. He also, from the fact he never does what he says, appears to be full of rubbish.

The 1st order i gave him for a customer hasnt happened and he hasnt returned my calls either

There we go :D

I would also point out that he chose to send work to the lorry mechanics below his shop. He was not forced to. He charged full rate and still took your vehicle to a lorry repair yard rather than a proper garage. When my car came to him to be painted, he sent my car to his mate to spray who, Gaz told me, (rather conveniently) packed up the day he finished my car and moved to spain (apparently). At the time of me arranging him to paint the car he gave me the impression that his company was doing it from their own facilities. If I knew his mate was going to paint in his garage, I could and would have taken it to a real body shop.

Unfortunately I hadnt read any bad reports from Envy personally; I didnt think to check up on them either as I made the assumption that they were a reputable company

Big mistake: Check the dispute section. 2 examples.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=179192

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=176968

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

A quote taken from your disspute which really sums him up in my opinion, im not sure how he had the nerve to post the crap below.

"As we all know, there are many many things which affect vehicle bodywork, everthing from the weather to road surfaces, atmospheric contaminents, products used to clean cars and wear and tear/damage"